What Should I Do

1BadPrix

I have a dilemma. I have a 00 GTP & a 94 GT. I have been working on both of the cars lately and just cant seem to get them both finished. It is always something with either one them and i just dont think i can complete them both. The thing is i have been wanting a newer car and i have my eyes set on a particular one.

1.What i wanna know is do you think i should part out the GT & return the GTP back to stock and buy a new car and only have the GTP & the newer car?

2.Part out the GT & sell the GTP and buy the new car?

3.Sell the GTP & keep the GT fix it and get a new car?

4.Scrape the new car idea all together and continue on with my gp's

I am following idea number 1 the most but i need some thoughts on it.

Oh yeah and the car is a :

2000bmwm524457-E.jpg

i say get the BMW too, only if its a 5 series. 3 series is a chick car, LOL. also, keep in mind that maintenance and parts on BMW's is NOT cheap. so if you overextend your finances to buy the car, and something goes wrong with it, you are screwed!

Yeah i am really wanting this M5. I think i am gonna part out the GT. Sell the stuff off the GTP to make i stock and buy the M. That way i wont be overextended or anything drive the GTP daily and the M whenever.

did you just say M5 ?!!!! :drool: i reallllllllllly want one! what year are you looking at? and why the hell is this even a problematic decision?

also, what all do you have on the GTP that you will be selling? :mrgreen:

screw the beamer. if you have problems, which you most likely will, youll probably end up putting a helluva lot more money into it.

I agree. I hate those things. They are getting like Honduhs and assholes. Everyone has one now. For the amount you spend on the M5 you could have a Lexus or Infiniti and have a damn nice car.

i dont know how any of you guys can not think that a car that has been best-in-class for so many years, one that has a 394hp v8 and 6-speed rwd could not be worthwhile!! i dont understand you guys sometimes....

if BMW M5's were that common, i'd be driving one. but they are expensive. and they should not be compared to a honduh. ever.

if i had money to waste and didnt care, i'd probalby have a new M5, too, but theyre too much to buy and too much to fix. actaully, i probably wouldnt cuz i'm all domestic. just because i'm mostly german, doesnt mean i want an over-engineered german car. anyway, ill stop fucking up your thread.

if i had money to waste and didnt care, i'd probalby have a new M5, too, but theyre too much to buy and too much to fix. actaully, i probably wouldnt cuz i'm all domestic. just because i'm mostly german, doesnt mean i want an over-engineered german car. anyway, ill stop fucking up your thread.

yeah at $35k-$40k right now, they definitely arent cheap. i'd settle for a 530i, they go for about $16k-$18k.

then if you wanted a little more go power, get a VF-Engineering supercharger. Peak gains: 105 hp, 75 ft/lbs

I'd go with the BMW personally, though don't expect it to be problem free, though a very nice car, they aren't known for their reliability either.

I really wanted to one day own a BMW. Then I picked up the April issue of Consumer Reports and changed my mind. They have quite low reliability for a car of that price IMHO. Do as you wish, but I highly suggest you do the appropriate research before spending such a large chunk of money on that car. However, I do not recall if the listed information was based solely on the base model 3 series or not.

I'd go with the BMW personally, though don't expect it to be problem free, though a very nice car, they aren't known for their reliability either.

I really wanted to one day own a BMW. Then I picked up the April issue of Consumer Reports and changed my mind. They have quite low reliability for a car of that price IMHO. Do as you wish, but I highly suggest you do the appropriate research before spending such a large chunk of money on that car. However, I do not recall if the listed information was based solely on the base model 3 series or not.

Yeah, their reliability is horrible. One of my exes drove a 330i and she needed about $800 in engine repairs at 80,000 miles. It was pretty ridiculous, and she had flawless maintenance records. I personally wouldn't drive one even if you paid me to. My two cousins raced at LACR last year, one of them with a nicely modded WRX and the other with an equally modded M5. The WRX ripped it apart. Problem is, the cousin that bought the M5 had paid $85,000 for it (+ $10,000 in mods from what i heard).

My cousin later sold his WRX (with a swapped discontinued STi engine from Japan) as a low 12 second car for $10k and bought a GTO. His mod list was as long as my leg.

Anyways, point being. The M5 is a great car, but still, I think you can get something better for that price. I love the way they look, but I wouldn't ever drive one on account of the unreliability.