new speakers, new pods

stockgp

well, i blew one of my dayton 5" drivers and one of my tang band 6.5" drivers, so i'm remaking new pods with new speakers.

i'll have hybrid audio legatia l1 for tweets, phoenix gold zero point 4" drivers for midrange duty, and dls 8" drivers for midbass.

anyhow, here are a couple pics of one of my new pods

100_0434.jpg

100_0433.jpg

well, the daytons were in too much airspace for the power i was throwing at them. and the tang band just wasn't able to handle the 150 watts i was throwing at it. i still have one of each, but don't know what i'll do with them

wall socket excursion vid!!

almost everything from dayton I ever got is broke or blown. I was going to buy a mkIII 15" but I am scared to buy any more stuff from them. :lol:

they are like fake or something. :rolleyes: parts express brand.

• 2 months later...

according to JL website you need 2.3 liters of air for a 4 inch midrange. and half a cube for a 6.

roughly a 2 liter bottle for a 4 and a gallon (at least) for a 6 because you can get away with a little less.

my 6s did blow off the cone leads, but my 4 ch is pumping 150x4 rms@2ohm. thats before I had the sub going so I was always turning up the bass and volume way up to compensate. JL warrantied them out and no problems since. but it sounded like I had a 12 in the trunk.

the mids did alright sealed in a smaller enclosure. the woofers do good too. too big an enclosure should be fine. the speaker should like it more as long as its fiberglass and sealed.

• 2 weeks later...