Yeah, I think this one gets the high mileage award...

ManicMechanic

For Cutties, sure.

I posted this before once or twice in mileage related threads.

89gp.jpg

That article was from 2002-2003 or so. I'd have to find the magazine it was in to say for sure though.

Editors note: The mileage covered by the vehicle in this story is extraordinary and may not be typical of all Pontiacs.

whatever, pontiacs run forevar!! LOL

cool finds guys.

Are you sure it's not 35,873.9 miles? Sounds like alot! Must have been a cross country rental at some point. That's alot of miles. I wonder how many hours of driving that would of been?

Are you sure it's not 35,873.9 miles? Sounds like alot! Must have been a cross country rental at some point. That's alot of miles. I wonder how many hours of driving that would of been?

Cutlasses don't have tenths on the odometer.

Cutlasses don't have tenths on the odometer.

Incorrect yes they do. Mine has tenths. This is from my 1991 Cutlass Supreme.

20592626fd1.png

I'm gonna go out on a limb here :lol:

The part of the PRNDL indicator looks like the smaller font that was used in '92-93. That cluster was available thru 1993 on the very base models. I get the feeling GM changed that odometer in '92 so it can read over 199999 miles.

The part of the PRNDL indicator looks like the smaller font that was used in '92-93. That cluster was available thru 1993 on the very base models. I get the feeling GM changed that odometer in '92 so it can read over 199999 miles.

That is possible. The one in the original post looks like the dot is just burnt out though.

That is possible. The one in the original post looks like the dot is just burnt out though.

I bet ya it will illuminate if you switch to trip odo, it will show tenths.

I doubt it because if you look closely you can see the spacing of mine between the last 2 numbers and the spacing of the last to numbers of the original look the same. I think the dot is just burnt out.