How worried should I be?

5speedz34

why are you going to pull the headers?

LOL, I thought everybody knew this. SEARCH!

JK.

The welds sucks, the primaries are 31", so they rub on everything.

The car runs super rich with them on, on a relatively stock tune.

The O2 doesn't read very well with being a 1-wire O2.

Basically with a tune and a heated O2 they wouldn't be that bad, but I want to take them off and design my own.

don't take the headers off! Aaron was the 3.4 dohc god! What he says is rule, and what he does is right! Shame on you to think for yourself!

[/smartass]

Well my Lumina has been sitting for 2 years in my garage uncovered.

How worried should I be about rust and the undercarriage?

Tony I dont want to be the constant bearer of bad news but, if we were talking about a Ferrari or a Porsche here, worrying would be an issue here but since its a 1993 Chevy Lumina I wouldnt lose too much sleep over it. I dont think undercarriage rust is going to diminsh any structural rigidity.

And Kudos for thinking about starting to work on it again if you need anything let me know. GOod Luck !!

First thing it's a '92.

2nd I plan on keeping/restoring this car, I don't want to have to deal with rust. THis is part of the reason I went to Colorado for it.

I don't get why you constantly dog me. Wouldn't you be pissed if there was rust on your 442?

Honestly if I were you, I wouldnt be concerned about it like you are. In your extra time if you get a chance to get underneath the car and get some kind of coating on it, that will pretty much prevent any type of rust from forming. And since its going to be on a concrete slab I wouldnt worry about moisture being a problem either.

Seems like alot of people have cars sitting for long periods of time! I dont even have a garage so i have to find the tgp a home for the winter.

My neighbor has several car that he keeps garaged and rarely/never drives. He has a 89 towncar, 70s era vette, 30s ford and a 70s eldorado conv. The towncar has like 22k miles on it and i think the vette has around 30k. He keeps them all in his heated garage, sealed cement floors, with car covers AND parked on cardboard! Now thats the way to keep a car!!

Thats how both my Lumina's are haha.

If you are broke, and need to fix the GTP, then why not sell the Z34 to someone who will get it running again (like me)

Right Matt...you mean ask or pay someone like Slick to fix it for you...

Just get it back to stock condition Tony. Get the headers off and fix them how they need to be for the z34 to run correctly. G/L. :thumb: