EGR block off plate

CNBZ34

Actually, it is not turned off yet. Here's the deal in a nutshell. The 97 engine that's in my car does not like the EGR flow that my 92 OBD1 ECM tells it to flow when not up to temp. I've had a hesitation when cold until up to temp since I've had the car and have never been able to solve it. After watching all functions on the scanner from start up to full temp, this can be the only reason for it. Theory is difference in cam profiles and valve overlap in the 97 versus the 92 engine. Soooooo, I've emailed with Ben, given him what information I have and sent him my chip, he is going to make some adjustments to it and hopefully his magic will solve it.

After 100+ bucks for the scanner time, then another $150 at the exhaust shop to make me the correct head pipe flange and add a flex joint, now I discover I have a coolant leak on the left side of the radiator. I suppose the car just aint liking the 150 miles a day I slam on it??????

The work my wife's Grand Cherokee needs just keeps getting pushed further and further back.... I HATE CARS!!!

Reason I wanted the block plate is if the EGR is going to be turned off, I'd like to remove the valve and just have the block plate there. A bit cleaner looking.

yeah i cant imagine it would be hard to make one, or even have someone make one for you. trace around the bottom of you EGR on a piece of 16g metal. cut out with desired tool, make holes for the bolts. install with new EGR gasket. finished.