Do I need a WHOLE new tail lamp assembly??

gmrulz4u

I got home today and noticed that the below pictured area of the tail light assembly is missing, well there's a little bit left, but it's 80% gone...don't ask me how the hell that happened!?

tail.jpg

So I assume I have to replace the ENTIRE thing, I'm just making sure...

Also, is this something very easy to replace??

THANKS!:)

You don't have to replace the whole tail lamp assembly, just go rip on off a junker and put it on, its easy, I have a tail lamp without one sitting in my garage, and am planning on making it entirely red, execpt for a small square for the reverse lamps, then putting lights in where none are right now.

gmrulz4u....whos red 4 door cutty is thatin the pic?

Shit, I wish I could tell ya per0781, but I just took(or borrowed:)) that pic from Shawn's Cutty gallery...maybe it's owned by a neighbour of his or something??

:)

You don't have to replace the whole tail lamp assembly, just go rip on off a junker and put it on, its easy, I have a tail lamp without one sitting in my garage, and am planning on making it entirely red, execpt for a small square for the reverse lamps, then putting lights in where none are right now.

Get your own idea!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/rhedalert/brianscutlass.html

That red reflector doesn't come off without breaking, it's glued to the reverse light assembly. If you can get the red reflector off without breaking, you're lucky! The reverse light assembly can come out, but it's held in with butyl tape and snaps. On the old '88 taillight where I pulled it off, it was quite the chore.

I have a spare taillight assembly I can sell to you if you're interested. I forget if it's RH or LH though, I'd have to check when I get home.

That red 4dr Cutty is the one my mom & stepdad bought for my now 22yr old sister when she turned 16. That poor car was near MINT when they bought it. She failed to yield and totaled it not 3-months later. Got hit by a fullsize work van in the right corner. The fender was pushed completely in so the RH wheel was completely exposed, bumper knocked over so it looked like it had a crooked jaw, hood completely bent up, no lights on the right side, and the fender on the other side was pushed over in a way the driver door wouldn't open. My stepdad didn't have collision or comprehensive insurance on it, only liability. My friend's brother is a paint guy at a Buick dealership and he had a coworker who was a body man that was willing to straighten the frame and replace the subframe for $500 labor. We would have had to replace the entire front clip to make it look perfect, but my stepdad didn't want to spend the money on it. We only replaced the subframe, heater pipe, A/C compressor, RH fender, headlight, corner light and called it done. She drove it like that until she was 20 and then it started leaking coolant. A mechanic told her it was a head gasket, so she begged daddy for a new car. My dad bought her a 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (which she has since trashed). I got ahold of that Cutty and discovered the radiator fan motors were bad. I replaced them, and my stepdad drove the car for a few weeks and didn't find any leaks. He ended up giving it to his son who has since hit a deer with it. The car is still on the road, but it's completely trashed. For one thing, my sister was trashy (put stickers and shit all over it, trashed the interior), but I don't think my stepbrother is much better. Poor car. We probably should have passed it by and let some old lady buy it.

Yeah, she should. I forgot to mention that time she crashed it into a ditch too, and really messed up the bumper which was already messed up from the first wreck. Then she let the tow truck driver pull it out on one of the rear axle bars and bent it. The car is a mess. :cry:

She's messed up the Eclipse pretty bad too. It was mint, low miles when my dad bought it for her. It would make a DSM enthusiast cry.

I keep saying what she needs is a bicycle.

What color of paint would be a perfect match, i don't see any spot for your reverse lights? i am gonna drop by a stained glass store to see if they have any paint for me and this application. Sorry to steal and use you idea brian, but your one of the members on this bored that i look to in times of need, and ideas. Thanks DUDE!!!