Intake cleaner

gp90se

I work at an instant oilchange place, and we recently got in intake cleaning system where u hook a hose into a vacuum line so it sucks in the intake cleaner (most likely karocine). first off, is it worth doing or is it going 2 clog my high flow cat. second if I do it, where can i find a good vacuum hose, the pcv valve has been stuck for sum time and the brake booster line is steal and hard 2 get at.

-Jeff

Im personally not a big fan of stuff like that, I would rather take the intakes off and clean them self. First of all, how did you get a steel brake booster line?? Secondly, get that PCV Valve fixed, and third, Any of the lines from TB are going to work good, except the one that runs to the fuel pressure regulator. Or, why not take the brake booster off and shoot the stuff in the whole for it in the plenum. But, I would think that taking off the air hose to TB and shooting the stuff into the TB while giving it gas with your hand should work

Robby

I work at an instant oilchange place, and we recently got in intake cleaning system where u hook a hose into a vacuum line so it sucks in the intake cleaner (most likely karocine). first off, is it worth doing or is it going 2 clog my high flow cat. second if I do it, where can i find a good vacuum hose, the pcv valve has been stuck for sum time and the brake booster line is steal and hard 2 get at

I do too, and what we have is really good. What brand are you running?

Or, why not take the brake booster off and shoot the stuff in the whole for it in the plenum. But, I would think that taking off the air hose to TB and shooting the stuff into the TB while giving it gas with your hand should work

GP90SE, you should and want to hook up the intake vacuum cleaner to the brake booster.

That's you main vacuum line that goes directly into the upper plenum and the entire intake system.

If approved, the cleaner won't hurt or wreck anything. I've personally done it on my DOHC (pasted on to new owner).

And, like robby1870 said, back that up with a throttle body cleaner and a fuel additive in the tank will re-gain lost power.

If you've got questions on getting the BB hose off, let us know.

Plus, I want to see this steel brake booster hose! Are you pulling the right hose?

- Erik

its a metal hose from the brake booster 2 the intake, dunno how it got there or why, but its there and hard 2 get off.

pcv valve gets durty from emissions getting recycled from oil. i change my oil every 1000 miles so im not 2 worried bout it. plus im doing the 3.4 swap soon so im not worried.

valvoline cleaners.

-Jeff

I actually had this done on a car I used to own. It kept running the egr code, but the egr valve was good. So they ran a vacuum test, found out the intake plenum was all carboned up. They ran the cleaner through there, and it stopped running codes, plus i could feel more power too :twisted:

Yeah, when I had my plenum off, the EGR passage was like 30-40% blocked by carbon buildup, not to mention the intake runners on the lower intake

Robby

Did it today, idles much better and theres a little more power in the mid RPM range, as much as I can check without a cv boot which is going on 2morrow.

took 7 minutes, black smoke out the rear, worth every minute of it.

-Jeff