broke a vacuum line, which is it?

Hootymo

hi there, i have a 2.8 and i broke a little plastic vacuum tube coming off the throttle body, its the last one on the right of the 4 coming out of the rubber thing on the TB. where does this one go and is it bad to not have it sealed? i don't know how to fix it, if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it. it's a tiny little vacuum tube but it was there for a reason im sure, i think its to the egr but am not sure and i dont know if its bad to have it disconnected. thanks!

That should be the EGR vacuum line like you said. Having no EGR is bad, when the computer is not tuned for it. And, you should get an SES light. If the comp. is tuned for no EGR, then it would be fine. But its not.

Robby

go to a parts store and take the piece you broke off and tell them you need some vacuum line with an inner diameter that will fit around the outside of the piece you broke. Oil each end up, so it goes on good, install your patch. Works everytime for me

Robby

that does sound like a good idea, but i only have one end of it. the other end fell off somewhere in the engine, is there any other way to do it?

Well, it maybe best to put a whole new line in, since it only goes teh EGR, its not too hard. I had to put a whole new line in from MAP vacuum line. Just get some line, like radiator hose, the stuff I mentioned earlier, much more flexible than the stock crap, and route the line however you want to the EGR. Attach the new piece to the part stick out of the TB, if you still have that piece and route it how you want to the EGR, disconnecting the old piece from the EGR.

Robby