Why do coupe windows fall off track?

White93z34

This has been bothering me for a loooooong time now, my passenger side window loves to fall out of track, namely the back of the window comes out first then the bottom of the glass tilts and getting it back up is a large pain. I can put it back in track all i like but it just falls out as soon as I put it down next.

i know this is no isolated issue, my friends 92' GPSE does this same thing with the drivers window. DigitalOutsiders Cutlass' drivers window does this too, and i've seen several posts here in the past 2 weeks mentioning this problem.

Is it worn out tracks? Worn out nub on the plastic part of the window? I am at a loss here.

Well that may work but it's usually because a clip somewhere in the track has snapped off. Usually you will not have to replace anything but this clip. It shouldn't be much work from what I hear. See how much a local shop will repair it for. Then ask one of the workers there for their number and call them at home. I bet they all do side jobs for a fraction of the price. That's how I found alot of the guys that work on my car for so damn cheap.

the plastic guides are integrated into the window, look at the edge next to the door handle. i'll try and get a diagram from the dealership next week.

yeah.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

The tracks tends to flex with age and wear. You can remove the doorpanel and pinch the tracks tighter and they would be fine. mostly it if the front track that spreads out. Imagine the track channel is a "C" you must pinch the c to make it smaller.... then lube it up.

What exactly happens when it goes off track? My passenger window was smashed, and ever since it was replaced it makes this loud click sound when i first start to lower the window. Maybe mine is bad?

Mine is loose as hell in the track (passenger side only) I lubed it up this spring and it goes and up and down better but still loose. Too lazy to remove the door panel again lol..winter is coming soon anyways lol