1990 Lumina Euro need help...

LeeTheDeuce

Hi,

I have a 1990 lumina that has a pretty severe oil leak. I believe it may be the "Mysterious Oil Leak (oil pump drive seal)" http://w-body.com/service/oil-pump-seal.html

When I try to find this oil pump drive i'm not seeing it, It is looking like some fluid could be coming from there. The other problem is the low coolant light coming on at random times, what could cause that? I dont know if i want to put alot into this car because both front windows are off track, and both outer door handles aren't working. If i could take care of these things it wouldnt be so bad. It runs pretty good, it has a little hesitation after it warms up, and the last few days if u like hit it it goes up that comes back down so u just have to not gun it so much it will still accelerate as good as a 3.1 does. I think it may need fuel filter. I want to do transmission filter and fluid change coolant flush, fuel filter change. All the standard things. I've never done door handles or windows before. it has like 132k miles i believe. The oil pressure will swing back in forth but is like normal at times, i figure change the oil pressure switch when i figure out where to fix the leak. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Lee

The low coolant light is a bad sensor which is common.

The oil pump drive is right directly below the throttle body. If you take the hose from the TB to the air cleaner off, you can see it. I was albe to take mine out with just removing the TB.