Passenger seat removal problem.

5speedz34

I'm removing the passenger seat on the GP to clean the interior.

I can't get to the rear bolts, I think I had this problem with my buddies '93 CS w/cloth seats. We removed that top bolt, and I don't want to do that this time.

See how deep it is in there? And the seat is moved all the way forward. How can I get anything else than maybe a wrench in there?

DSC00009Medium-1.jpg

DSC00008Medium.jpg

DSC00007Medium.jpg

DSC00006Medium.jpg

And the seat is moved all the way forward.

You have to move the seat alltheway forward/backwards to get them out I don't see how else you could do it. I sat in it, believe me its up all the way.

The seat should go forward just a bit more to have access. Seems as if the tracks are bound up/gunked up enough that it's not allowing them to move up all the way.

Yeah, something is definitely blocking that seat from moving all the way up. I took my seats out a couple of times so I know it usually goes all the way out.

Those bolts are definitely a PITA to get out though, and even worse to get back in. Thank God I never had to (racing seats).

you will have to force it forwards, i just had to do the same thing in my '91 Z34 parts car i bought. it got stuck somehow and had to be forced, so i sat in the backseat while a buddy pulled the handle and i pushed it forward all the way with my feet. now it goes all the way back and forth no problem.

I'm pissed, things this simple don't usually get me. Well, I pushed on it while my dad lifted up the lever. Moved forward on the second try, I can't believe people are that small. :lol:

I feel like such a noob.

I'm pissed, things this simple don't usually get me. Well, I pushed on it while my dad lifted up the lever. Moved forward on the second try, I can't believe people are that small. :lol:

I feel like such a noob.

that's what you get for giving me a hard time with the prix interior :lol:

I feel like such a noob.

that's what you get for giving me a hard time with the prix interior :lol:

LOL, I thought you would say that.

Seriously today has sucked on multiple multiple levels.

Ya, use all your muscle. I remember Jamie had this problem too! :lol: Just slam the bitch forward. Back and slammed it forward and your good to go. How do you think I swap so many seats? :mrgreen:

Ya, use all your muscle. I remember Jamie had this problem too! :lol: Just slam the bitch forward. Back and slammed it forward and your good to go. How do you think I swap so many seats? :mrgreen:

I remember helping you and Jamie remove your original seats... same problem :lol:

throw all your weight on it, it should go forward another couple inches.

that's an understatement :leaving:

:D

:neutral:

*cough* ASSHOLE! *cough*

Sorry thats my tourette's.

Pulled the carpet out and the rear seats tonight.

The interior is kinda fucked, thats all I'm going to say.

Did this seat ever come out yet? I haven't heard anything. The poor guy is probably still at it.

LOL, I got it out later on the first night.

You must've missed my post.

I feel like such a noob.

are you fucking serious?! Tony! You've pulled multiple transmissions with me, parted cars (many) and you can't get a seat out?! LOL :lol:

I felt so stupid, not to mention its been a shitty week/month/year for me.