94 Cutlass covt. w/Intrigue wheels

cutlassdude96

Polished 5 stars would look good too.

A good friend of mine from high school has a red 93 Cutty convertible with the stock 5-stars polished. Looks real good, they should have been a factory option. They would have looked real good on a triple black convertible. :)

Yea, it doesn't look too bad. I was thinking of getting either 5 spoke Cutlass rims or 5 spoke Grand prix rims for my Buick. My rims are pretty ugly.

• 4 weeks later...

My friend's polished 5-stars came on the car. He bought it used from a used car dealer. I imagine to polish one, you'd strip the clearcoat and paint off it, then go to town with a metal polishing compound and a buffer.

Do you think I can strip the polish off of the these rims and paint them white? I want white 5 stars like the grand prixs have, but don't have the $$$$ for new rims. :idea: :? :?: :idea: :?: :? :idea: Here is the rim I want to change to white.

rimscutty.jpg

w-body.jpg

Sure.

I think all you have to do is just clean them real good to remove any waxy or oily coating. Then I think you can get some metal prep stuff that will dull the polished surface. Last, you prime and paint. It'd be better to use a good urethane, air compressor, and HVLP gun. I don't think a spray can job will last.

For wheels, I'd highly recommend spending the extra money and just taking them to get powder coated. That will be a much more durable finish.