Rough idle

Wen313

Hmmm.. Noticed yesterday while waiting for the kids at the bus stop that my car seems to be ideling rougher than norm and on a few occassions it almost felt like it was going to stall. I wondered if it was because of the AC but then I noted that it was in the off position. To see if it would make a difference, I turned the AC on, and the rough idle went away.. WTF?!? :question: Shouldn't that be the other way around??

Not too worried about it really, but just wondered if anyone here had any good suggestions on getting that idle toned down some. I suppose there's an adjustment under the hood somewhere, but is messing with that really a good idea? Wonder if I have a vaccume hose off somewhere?? I'm clueless. What do you guys think? You're much better at this stuff than I am. :smile:

when the a/c is turned on... the computer raises the idle slightly to compensate for the extra drag generated my the a/c system.

I think your car is running mostly normal when you do that... but I would suggest a tune-up otherwise, if you have not had new plugs or fuel or airfilter... or even an oil change recently.

now for the good news... I happy any day to help a gorgeous woman with her car! LOL

when the a/c is turned on... the computer raises the idle slightly to compensate for the extra drag generated my the a/c system.

I think your car is running mostly normal when you do that... but I would suggest a tune-up otherwise, if you have not had new plugs or fuel or airfilter... or even an oil change recently.

now for the good news... I happy any day to help a gorgeous woman with her car! LOL

Hmmm.. Good theroy! Thanks, Ken. I guess now that you put it in that perspective, it makes better sense. I always thought that it would work the opposite.

Gorgeous?? Well, that's flattering and really sweet actually ~ So thanks for that ~ but I dunno if I would go that far.. After all, people do tell me that I look like Robert & Robert and gorgeous in the same sentence is a complete oxymoron.. LMAO!! :lol: :high5: