Turn signal switch compatibility

supreme_style21

Does anyone know offhand, before I go buy it tomorrow morning, if the turn signal switch from a '95 GP WITH steering wheel controls will work in a '94 Cutlass Supreme WITHOUT wheel controls?

If the CS had the controls, the P/N's are the same, but w/o, the numbers are different. I'm curious to see if they'll plug right in and work the same. I sold my Olds a few days ago and the guy (family, mistake) calls me and said he doesn't have anything lighting up in the rear end and the air bag light is popping off and on. He paid me what I wanted for the car, which I thought I'd never get, so I figure if worst comes to worst, I'll pick up the $80 part and replace it for him tomorrow so he can drive it. I'd rather not spend the money. I've got that '95 GP sitting at home that is going to the junkyard sometime, so I'd rather pull the one out of there, but I'm not sure if it'd work, as it has the controls in the steering wheel. Anyone know for sure before I spend the dollars???

94 - 97 W (EXC ELEK ACSRY CONT 19005031 1 60.75 SWITCH, T/ SIG (AC - DELCO

SYS (UK3) ............................. #D6226A) .......................

94 - 97 W ELEK ACSRY CONT SYS 19005032 1 82.25 SWITCH, T/ SIG (AC - DELCO

(UK3) .................................... #D6214A) .......................

This is straight out of a GM parts catalog. As you can tell the GM dealership part number is in bold, and the AC Delco part number (the one an aftermarket part store would use) is in red. If you have the UK3 option you would use P/N 19005032, otherwise you would use P/N 19005031. As for application, the GM book says that this switch fits ALL GM W-Body cars between 1994 and 1997, so it doesn't matter whether you have a Regal, Lumina, Cutlass, Grand Prix etc...... the only thing that makes a difference is whether you have the UK3 option or not.

Yeah I know that. I have those same numbers. I assume I have the same parts list for the cars that you have. I am wondering if the parts interchange. They are different part numbers, but quite a bit of GM parts have different part numbers, yet end up being interchangeable. I can't imagine them building a completely different part based on a signal sent to the radio/climate control... so I am wondering if I can use a SWRC part on a non-SWRC car... as far as I can fathom, there would be a few extra wires for the SWRC, so I don't see why not, but I've been surprised in the past.

100% compatibility. I installed a SWC switch in my non-SWC equipped 96 Lumina. The SWC wires merely hitch a ride onto the signal switch's harness connector and have no bearing on the signals' function.

Look at my page for pics: http://tss.likeabigdog.com.

I converted two non swrc ones into swrc units.... and all the difference is... is the pigtail at the bulk connector has 4 empty slots for the non swrc unit... and the swrc unit has a small pigtail about 2 inches long that feed thru those 4 holes and connect to a different part.

now do yourself a favor. Do NOT cut any wires. you can pull the culk connector loose with a 7 or 8 mm, and take the entire thing connector and all.

What an idiot I am. I probably shouldn't even tell anyone this.

I sold the car to my uncle and he called the next day and said the rear lights didn't work at all. So I said I'd make things right and picked up the car. I thought the turn signal switch was finally bad because it had acted up once in a great while when I owned it. So I picked up the car, went out to the shop and pulled the switch out of my '95 GP parts car. Pulled the Olds apart, replaced the switch (which looked BRAND spankin' new and probably was) and put everything back together. Didn't work. So on the chance that used switch was bad, I ran home and grabbed the one I had bought for my other GP and never installed. I pulled everything back apart and put in a brand new switch and put it all back together. Tried the brake lights and parking lights, nothing. I was pissed. So I checked all the fuses again.. all good. Then I went and bought a new stop light switch and put that in... notta. Checked all the bulbs on the freak chance they all blew at once, they were all good. Last resort, I started re-tracing my steps as to what I had last done with the car. The day I listed it for sale in the paper, I replaced the power antenna, as it had broken off. The harness for the rear lights was in the way of the removal of the antenna, so I had disconnected it to get it out of the way. I never hooked it back up. :dunce:

What an idiot I am. I probably shouldn't even tell anyone this.

I sold the car to my uncle and he called the next day and said the rear lights didn't work at all. So I said I'd make things right and picked up the car. I thought the turn signal switch was finally bad because it had acted up once in a great while when I owned it. So I picked up the car, went out to the shop and pulled the switch out of my '95 GP parts car. Pulled the Olds apart, replaced the switch (which looked BRAND spankin' new and probably was) and put everything back together. Didn't work. So on the chance that used switch was bad, I ran home and grabbed the one I had bought for my other GP and never installed. I pulled everything back apart and put in a brand new switch and put it all back together. Tried the brake lights and parking lights, nothing. I was pissed. So I checked all the fuses again.. all good. Then I went and bought a new stop light switch and put that in... notta. Checked all the bulbs on the freak chance they all blew at once, they were all good. Last resort, I started re-tracing my steps as to what I had last done with the car. The day I listed it for sale in the paper, I replaced the power antenna, as it had broken off. The harness for the rear lights was in the way of the removal of the antenna, so I had disconnected it to get it out of the way. I never hooked it back up. :dunce:

LOL!