New Bumper, Tinted Headlights/Side Markers, New Tires

xtremerevolution

These are some quick pics I took before going to work. The bumper was repaired, not replaced, which is pretty damn good in my opinion. The whole bumper job was $350. I tinted the headlights myself, polished the lenses, and re-sealed them with silicone sealant. The tires are the Firehawk Indy 500, size 235/60/R15. I like the tires, though the rims are a bit blah. Oh well, they'll do for now. :biggrin: I still need to get the front assembly painted though (the edges around the headlights look horribly chipped).

Before:

IMG_6720.jpg

After:

IMG_0025.jpg

Before:

IMG_6721.jpg

After:

IMG_0031.jpg

And some more random pictures:

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

much better. and they told me they couldnt fix just a small tear in my riv bumper...fucking hacks!

LOL yeah. I had run into an iron fence at 10-15 mph at an angle, so the bumper was extremely bad. I was pretty surprised how good of a job he did. I'll take a picture of the trunk lid work he did some time soon. It looks absolutely perfect.

What do you guys think of the headlight tint otherwise?

Other than that, pictures to come in the near future:

- rear buckets installed w/ center console

- front EBC slotted/dimpled brake rotors

- niteshades on rear tail lights

- stock rear regal GS wing

- Elemental Designs eDead Sound Dampening (I have 160 square feet of it)

I would lose the front hood badge, front plate (if you can get away with it) and put some nice 17s on her and call it good. either way, I like it more and more

I've been heavily contemplating getting rid of the hood badge. I think I'll do that when I repaint that assembly.

As for the 17's, do you think it might be a better idea just to get the 17's I have painted silver? They'd look like this:

IMG_2607.jpg

As for the license plate, I'll look into Illinois laws and see if I can get away with it.

those would look nice I think, but its hard to tell from that angle. Also, I know if you can't get away without having one, I've seen it put down underneath further on the black plastic thing, but it might be hard since you dont have the gap like the cutlasses do

those would look nice I think, but its hard to tell from that angle. Also, I know if you can't get away without having one, I've seen it put down underneath further on the black plastic thing, but it might be hard since you dont have the gap like the cutlasses do

Well those rims are essentially the exact same thing I have, only mine were painted black... So if you can imagine the rims I have now in silver, that's what you'd have.

you should have someone photoshop them with a silver lip, and then also with them all silver. or find a pic of a silver one to use on a pic of your car

I'll try that. The only thing is that the spokes run over the lip and right to the tire, so if I were to paint the lip silver, it would be an interrupted line. I'm pretty good with photoshop so I'll take a better look at it and see if I can do something.

Either way, I think these particular rims would look better silver than semi-gloss black anyway.

Much better!

Still though, for the price, I would have had him paint the hood vents and the head light filler panel as well. I never noticed all the paint dings in that filler panel before.

Well, every shop I went to was going to charge me $850-$950 for JUST the bumper repair. One guy said he could even do i t for $700. I think $350 isn't too bad of a deal, all things considered, especially when he did it over a weekend for me.

But yeah, the head light filler panel will definitely get a new paint job, and so will the hood vents. That's for another weekend, probably the one after this weekend (this weekend is the IL meet).

Much better!

Still though, for the price, I would have had him paint the hood vents and the head light filler panel as well. I never noticed all the paint dings in that filler panel before.

Well, every shop I went to was going to charge me $850-$950 for JUST the bumper repair. One guy said he could even do i t for $700. I think $350 isn't too bad of a deal, all things considered, especially when he did it over a weekend for me.

But yeah, the head light filler panel will definitely get a new paint job, and so will the hood vents. That's for another weekend, probably the one after this weekend (this weekend is the IL meet).

Yeah, I can imagine Chicago-land area being pretty expensive.

There's a guy, right close to me, that will do a car for pretty cheap. Captain Badass uses him when he needs body work done.

Much better!

Yeah, I can imagine Chicago-land area being pretty expensive.

There's a guy, right close to me, that will do a car for pretty cheap. Captain Badass uses him when he needs body work done.

Haha, lucky you. The reason why all the body shops wanted so much is because (supposedly) nobody could find a bumper in the chicagoland area, and they'd have to order a new one from GM ($500). The rest is labor, supposedly. This guy used the same bumper and just fixed it up. Do these wheels look better on the car than the black rims I had on previously? I kinda like the whole no gap between the wheel and fender. Makes the car look really low. I can't wait to finish the niteshade job.

As for the license plate, I'll look into Illinois laws and see if I can get away with it.

IL "requires" the front plates, however my dad's never been stopped in the Monte for no front plates(he actually has plates from 84 on there now lol ) and I've run with no front plate on the GP since I bought it, and on the Lumina for most of the 4 years I had it with no harassment.

I think a lot of that might depend on where you are. If you live right outside chicago I might see that being more of a problem than if you live out in the middle of nowhere. I could be wrong, but thats where my mind went

IMG_0025.jpg

That actually makes the hood louvers look great man. I actually like it with the stock rims and white letter tires.

And the bumper looks great, although you're missing a parking light. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey xtreme,

Didn't that Regal in the junkyard have the passenger side marker? I thought it did. I have to go to the junk yard tomorrow and pick up a few small things. Did you want to go and pick me up along the way and see if it did? I need the strut clips for the hood of Christine.

Post up the pictures of your shaved trunk. It turned out great.

Uh, and talk to me about painting your wheels. I have a better alternative. Just call me sometime Sunday. Later.

I got that side marker for you xtreme. $10 if you want it. It costed $8.00 plus entry fee and shipping and handleing and removal fee... blah blah blah... It's complete with mounting stud and nut