Factory duel tips

93cutty

When I got this car I thought it was a 3.4 due to the duels but was suprised to find it was a 3.1. The factory tips were ugly as hell. Only other cutty 3.1's I have found were sinlge tips.

Well I did check the motor before buying and I actually prefered the 3.1 since it was going to be my work car and I wouldn't have to worry about the maintenance the 3.4 needs. I did own a 3.4 and although I liked the performance of it I didn't like the huge dent it took out of my wallet.

You need some different tips. The factory ones may look ugly but at least they match up. Pick up a set from a 1st gen GP at least.

The bumper on my car is from a '93 Cutlass. Duals can be had on 3.4 cars thru 1995. I'm unsure if '96 Cutlasses got the duals or single with the 3.4 motor.

8-07-07011.jpg

I think the duals stopped on the 3.1 cutlass' after 93.

It was an option. Not all Cutlass' had dual outlets. Most didn't.

Hell, most Cutlass' I've seen don't have too many other options either. Most seem to be strippers.

I think the duals stopped on the 3.1 cutlass' after 93.

It was an option. Not all Cutlass' had dual outlets. Most didn't.

Hell, most Cutlass' I've seen don't have too many other options either. Most seem to be strippers.

Right I know all of them did not, I just haven't seen duals on a 3.1 cutlass past 93.

My stock dual exhaust on my 93' Cutlass had 2 pipes exiting each muffler but only 1 was an actual exiting pipe, the other was cosmetic. Every dual setup like this was the same for LQ1's. Dual Exhaust, mufflers, 4 pipes (2 real, 2 fake).

You need some different tips. The factory ones may look ugly but at least they match up. Pick up a set from a 1st gen GP at least.

The bumper on my car is from a '93 Cutlass. Duals can be had on 3.4 cars thru 1995. I'm unsure if '96 Cutlasses got the duals or single with the 3.4 motor.

8-07-07011.jpg

^^^ Symmetry is a beautiful thing. :mrgreen:

The 1992-93 3.1 convertibles had dual tips. Because they had the SL body cladding. The Cutlass S did not receive the dual tips. Except POSSIBLY the 1991-95 3.4.

I am pretty sure the 1996 3.4s did get the same duals as 1992-95 3.4s. As I had recently looked at a 1996 coupe and a 1996 sedan, both with 3.4s, both bronzemist. They had dual exhaust.

The dual tips were on 1990-93 Internationals. 1992-93 SLs and I believe some 1990-91 SLs received them too. The 1991 3.4 SL sedan I looked at had a single exhaust.

The 1992-93 3.1 convertibles had dual tips. Because they had the SL body cladding. The Cutlass S did not receive the dual tips. Except POSSIBLY the 1991-95 3.4.

I am pretty sure the 1996 3.4s did get the same duals as 1992-95 3.4s. As I had recently looked at a 1996 coupe and a 1996 sedan, both with 3.4s, both bronzemist. They had dual exhaust.

The dual tips were on 1990-93 Internationals. 1992-93 SLs and I believe some 1990-91 SLs received them too. The 1991 3.4 SL sedan I looked at had a single exhaust.

Dual tips were OPTIONAL on1992-1993 SL's

I've never seen a '92-93 SL coupe without duals, honestly. I'm almost positive that the '92-93 SL package was the updated BYP package of the previous models, which always had duals.

Actually, I've seen a '93.5 Cutlass SL coupe with the factory 3100, had single exhaust. So there's an exception.

I've never seen a '92-93 SL coupe without duals, honestly. I'm almost positive that the '92-93 SL package was the updated BYP package of the previous models, which always had duals.

Actually, I've seen a '93.5 Cutlass SL coupe with the factory 3100, had single exhaust. So there's an exception.

I've never seen a '92-'93 SL coupe (they're all base models here), but '92-'93 SL 3.1 sedans did not have duals (and not much else for that matter)

in 91 dual exhaust was included in the BYP sedan package on the supreme and it was included in the LQ1 package on the supreme and SL. the international had it standard.

Now I have pics of a few 3.1 Internationals that have a single tip.

in 91 dual exhaust was included in the BYP sedan package on the supreme and it was included in the LQ1 package on the supreme and SL. the international had it standard.

My '88 2.8 International also had single exhaust.

i was referring to 1991 internationals. 88s all had single exhaust, the international had sporty exhaust which meant it had two tips coming out of one muffler.

yes the SLs had dual exhaust in 92-93

hmmm.

fun facts:

my 91 vert has single exhaust.

I encountered a 90/91 international sedan with single exhaust. But I neglected to get the Vin. this car is an exact doppenganger to the dent and rust holes of mine except mine has duals. <-- thats the only way I could tell it was not the one I bought months later!!!

my 92 and 93 have duals, they are 3.1's that have/had the wide oval racetrack split tips

I did a upgrade on my 92, it got a duals upgrade from a 94 3.4 coupe and the second pipe on each muffler is fake! but it still looks good. being a 92... i think I will leave it without a lip spoiler with a black reverse bar... true to the appearance of 92 dohc coupes.

3.1 dual VS 3.4 dual

the piping diameter appears to be the same, cat back.

the 3.4 downpipe is hella large compared to the 3.1 pipe... Obviously!

the flange linking the front and rear parts is moved forward 2 inches on the 3.4 system.

the 3.4 mufflers are giant compared to the 3.1

the 3.1 is silent when idling on 3.4 exhaust

the 3.1 DOESN"t like being started when it is already running. :oops:

I have pics of others.. I have to look at to answer more... Must get MY PC fixed :(

i think I will leave it without a lip spoiler with a black reverse bar... true to the appearance of 92 dohc coupes.

Save for the 1992-93 internationals which appeared identical between 3.1 and 3.4 as the 3.1 cars received lip spoilers and body color revers bars as well as the quad tips seen on 3.4 cars.