The Book

turbojohn

I have to share this with everyone here. I've been visiting the parts guy really heavy the past few weeks. I usually talk about what I've been working on lately with my TGP. One day he brought out this fat manual trying to locate some part. This was the day he asked me to bring the title in, or VIN numbers. Anyway, I remarked that I would like to have this book and said I'm probably the only one around here with one of these cars....and I could order more parts if I had that book...

Well, today while picking up a fan (motor came in Friday) and some other small parts. I couldn't carry everything out to my car so the parts guy came around to help me carry stuff. He slipped a large box in the trunk so I asked him what that was. He said "you'll like it when you get home".

Hmmm what the heck could he be giving me??? A 6-disc CD changer for the TGP???? Some rare part he found in the back that they couldn't sell???

What a guy....

100_0951.jpg

I should have put an emoticon :mrgreen: after the "what-a-guy". No, I'm very excited about receiving this book!!!!! In fact I'd rather have this book then a CD changer or some other part. Well, maybe a NOS (New Old Stock) turbocharger :burnout:

I attend several swap meets every year. Some booths have old service manual, parts manuals etc. If I run across another manual like this, I'll post it for sale here for what I paid for it. Now that I'm into this TGP I'll be more observant for parts while rummaging though piles of car stuff :eek:

Those are VERY useful. I have one for my Cutlass.

I wish I could find one for my van, but they are on Microfiche.

There are a couple of 1988-93 GP manuals on ebay as well as a Lumina one.