Rear Brakes!!!!!! Help!!!!!

Baddflash

I'm trying to get the rear brakes to compress and they refuse to go beyond a certain point so I only have like a 1/4" because I accidently started turning the wrong way. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

1. I disconnected the e-brake cable and spring

2. I have the master cylinder open and there's plenty of room for fluid

I know I'm turning the right way cause if I go the other way it comes right out.

These calipers are only like a year old cause when I went to change them by the time I had them backed off all the way the seals tore.

you have to turn the rear disk a certain way, and then it will push in. a big big big pita. but really dude, there is a search function :roll: also, the topic "doin brakes for my first time" by some chick with a TGP explains it FULLY!!!

I finally figured it out, just wasn't putting enough pressure. :)

I did try the search function but it's not very accurate with the results and seeing as I didn't want to get all cleaned up so i could sit there and search through 1500 results I thought I'd try asking! ( wasn't at my house)

Found that thread and it wasn't to specific about having to put a lot of pressure as you are turning, which was the cirtical issue. You could turn it all day and it won't go in but a couple turns while pushing a you're done! Remounting it without the rotor makes it way easier too!

Was too pissed off anyway after busting my knuckle :evil: :evil: after snapping my 1/2" drive and I wasn't even using a snipe.