88 Regal brights & cruise control?

Cubey

Sadly, I don't have the owner's manual to my '88 Regal and I cannot figure out where the "brights" headlight control is located. Does the car not have brights? I guess that wouldn't surprise me since it completely lacks a tripmeter too. I figured out how to do the "fog" lights without the headlights but there seems to be no "brights".

Also, the car seems to have cruise control on the wiper control but has no directions on how to use it or print on the controls for what's what. Odds are I'll never use it since its so old and could possibly lock up and not disengage but still, would be nice to know if I decided to be brave and try it one day.

I'd consider buying the owner's manual for this year & model but it's more expensive (on ebay) than the Haynes repair manual (used) is on Amazon. Thats a rip off to me! I may end up buying the Haynes manual but I don't know if it would include basic info like the owner's manual would for instruments and such.

the high beam switch is activated by pulling the turn signal stock towards you, and the cruise control is probably fine, the button on the end is the set button to set the speed and the switch is off on and resume acceleration :mrgreen:

the high beam switch is activated by pulling the turn signal stock towards you, and the cruise control is probably fine, the button on the end is the set button to set the speed and the switch is off on and resume acceleration :mrgreen:

you nailed it

And welcome to the forum Cubey!

you nailed it

And welcome to the forum Cubey!

:mrgreen: couldnt live without my cruise

Well, the car has trans issues so I only use it for city driving (45mph and below pretty much.. it doesn't want to go over 48mph except on a downhill anyway it seems). There are only a few streets I drive down on a regular basis where you can use cruise on without having to hit the brakes after only few blocks. Not much point in using it unless you're highway driving unless there is a long stretch with no stops or slow downs.

My van has cruise and I have used it a good many times but found that for city driving its often a waste since there's usually some idiot who pulls out in front of me close so I have to hit the brakes to prevent plowing into the back of them. That or the traffic lights just hate me that day. But for highway driving, I use cruise pretty much every time.