Olds 442 Hurst?

chadz34

Ummm....I don't remember him having all that stuff on there before. He must have added it at some point in the recent past. For example, I don't recall the heat extracting hood vents last I saw that car. Those are the ones from the appearance package for the '00 Pace Car, '01 Special Edition, and '02 40th Anniversary Edition Grand Prix'. He even used their plastic duct under the hood.

WAAAAAY overdone now.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/547351

He also has/had this one.

Ok perfect, I remeber the white one, never the red one though, how did he get both of these rare cars? I mean the white one has badges form 3.4 Euro and Grand Am GT? There is no way that is stock? Secondly, I could see the Hurst Shifter getting real fuckin annoygin sorry for the typos haha I have hada few too many beers haha. AND, how the FUCK does that piece of shit hood benefit the motor, it doesnt look like it helps the intake at all yet he claims it's functional!?!

Ok, so I may sound dumb and noob, but I've never went to look at how the real 442 lightning rods work. How do they? I know the left side is the factory shift lever, but what are the other ones doing?

I kinda like both of those verts, I'm glad he's saying that he added those things himself, and not trying to push it off as some rare olds.

They are both garbage...

But back on topic..you can manually shift an auto transmission by putting it in Low 1 then going to rev limit and slapping it into second and then so on until you are at your final gear. B&M makes brainless valve bodies with no modulation to shift for you so they make shifters like the star shifter the 1/4 master and the megashifter with a reverse lock out so you can click your way up into the next gear safely with out going into nuetral or reverse. That was GMs answer for a lock out shifter you would pull all levers back and slap the shifter lever left and move your way over to the other one until you were in overdrive or 4th gear. It was basically a big fuckin gimmick because obviously these cars did not come equipped with a brainless valve body. And if they did too many idiots would blow up their transmissions under warranty or they wouldnt really be automatic transmissions these things worked to apoint but you could never take the car up to the rev limiter cause the modulator or governor in the 200r4 or 700r4 trans would inevitably end up shifting itself to the next gear for you.

Ok, so I may sound dumb and noob, but I've never went to look at how the real 442 lightning rods work. How do they? I know the left side is the factory shift lever, but what are the other ones doing?

I kinda like both of those verts, I'm glad he's saying that he added those things himself, and not trying to push it off as some rare olds.

Only the Hurst/Olds of 83-84 got the lightening rods.

They are both garbage...

But back on topic..you can manually shift an auto transmission by putting it in Low 1 then going to rev limit and slapping it into second and then so on until you are at your final gear. B&M makes brainless valve bodies with no modulation to shift for you so they make shifters like the star shifter the 1/4 master and the megashifter with a reverse lock out so you can click your way up into the next gear safely with out going into nuetral or reverse. That was GMs answer for a lock out shifter you would pull all levers back and slap the shifter lever left and move your way over to the other one until you were in overdrive or 4th gear. It was basically a big fuckin gimmick because obviously these cars did not come equipped with a brainless valve body. And if they did too many idiots would blow up their transmissions under warranty or they wouldnt really be automatic transmissions these things worked to apoint but you could never take the car up to the rev limiter cause the modulator or governor in the 200r4 or 700r4 trans would inevitably end up shifting itself to the next gear for you.

Ahh cool thanks Rob

Only the Hurst/Olds of 83-84 got the lightening rods.

Yea I knew that.

The 442's aren't Hurst/Olds and the Hurst/Olds aren't 442's, they are completely different models.

Rob, I know its kinda a gimmick, but I never heard anyone blow up there transmissions because of it.

shifter.jpg

Thats because they made it basically non functional so you couldnt blow the trans or the engine. I love the real 83 HOs with the rods I meant those two 1994 verts are junk !!!

LOL, gotcha.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/547000-547999/547077_25.jpg

What year did olds take on this new logo? Was this supposedly put on the car before it was even rolled out?

'97 was the new olds logo, although CS's kept the old rocket logo.

the Aurora started using it in 95

I thought the Aurora had an A...Not an O?

AND, how the FUCK does that piece of shit hood benefit the motor, it doesnt look like it helps the intake at all yet he claims it's functional!?!

It has nothing to do with the intake. The vents are heat extracting, not air inducting. They are indeed functional for that purpose.