Analog To Digital Climate Controls...Possible?

Cutty Hertz

I know on my 89 cuttys one has the regular the other has the digital climate control I tried to switch them out and the plugends are different.

yes, the plugs and wiring, as well as fan controller are different, plus you have to add 2 temperature sensors and a couple extra wires (feedback, power)

It isn't too much work, you just have to be comfortable with wiring or else you'll be pulling out your hair. If you have any experience with creating wiring schematics, that will be even better. I made a webpage with some info on it, I'll dig it up for you

There was somebody that did that to a '97+ GTP and said that he doesn't recommend anyone to do that unless they REALLY want digital climate control, and they are really bored. That is what he said. From the sounds of it it is quite a bit of work.

There was somebody that did that to a '97+ GTP and said that he doesn't recommend anyone to do that unless they REALLY want digital climate control, and they are really bored. That is what he said. From the sounds of it it is quite a bit of work.

I did it in 2 hours. Worst part of it was laying on my back to see the underside of the passenger side dashboard, where the fan controller is. It's definetly for someone thats comfortable with wiring and can do it properly, that is, solder and shrink wrap every wire, make your own wiring and harness, run wire to outside the car, etc