GP console removal

Psych0matt

So, before I start guessing and tearing things up, I just want to get the top of the console off to mess with a shifter boot, but I'm not quite sure where to start, or where/how many screws there are

*SIGH*

I really thought this was a noob posting.

Just start removing things, you should find the screws. Probably a 7mm. Move the ashtray out, I think they are under there.

Comon man this is just wasted space.

dude, it was a simple question, I don't know how different the GP is from the Cutty, seeing as how I have zero previous experience. I just thought I'd get a little help so I didn't break things or remove things I didn't need to. Gosh.

dude, it was a simple question, I don't know how different the GP is from the Cutty, seeing as how I have zero previous experience. I just thought I'd get a little help so I didn't break things or remove things I didn't need to. Gosh.

Sorry to come down on you. Maybe I've just dealt with these cars more? They are basically the same. Grab a 7mm. Pull the little cover behind the shifter where the ash tray is and you should be able to find it from there.

I'm just surprised that this requires a post.

I just know that on my cavalier there were screws on the back that werent in any of the manuals, and I trashed a whole console bezel because of it. I really didn't want to run into something like that. I think i have it now, I just wanted a head start.

and no, i had already checked under the ash tray, you have to pull the armrest cubby insert first :nana: