Suspension upgrade

Baddflash

I plan to install these parts this week-end.

Front&Rear struts

Front&Rear rotors

Inner&Outer tie rods

lower balljoints

Is there anything else I should do while things are apart? Also I've got a squeaking coming from rear end what bushings or rubbers would cause it.

Dammit there always has to be something, it would be nice to not have to do them as I already spent over $1000. But I guess it's too much work to do them after. "Can we say charge it"

Well I got the strut mounts which were like $200 then the Pads which was another $50. I just put a new leaf in last year so that should be good. I think I got everything so I'll start tomorrow. Any last minute tips??

When you pulling out and putting back in the struts be carful and stand to the side, so they don't accidentally fly out and rearange your face, lemme know how it goes, and if you need and live advice, i'll keep an eye on the board tommorow around what time?

Thanks, I'll start around noon but it'll take me a bit before I get back to

re-assembly. I think I'll start on the back but I'm not sure if I can just replace the tie rods or if my rack is bad.

About a month after having new axels installed I started geting a sort of clicking when turning the wheel. You notice it at a dead stop and turning the wheel either direction it also seems like it goes in a pattern maybe 1 oe 2 clicks per turn of the wheel. I'm starting to think it's the rack but I'm hoping it's ball joints or tie rods???

I'm gonna get someone to look at it so hopefullythey can say for sure but any input is appreciated.

I really hate to say this but if you are going to replace your inner tie rods it's probably only going to be about ~$60 -$100 to get a whole rack w/ inners. It's also easier to change the whole rack IMHO. Also, I can tell you this from recent experience, when you have the rear apart and the strut bolts unbolted, remember that you can control the binding of the rear suspension by raising and lowering the BODY not the suspension, I find that the lower the body goes to the ground (I had my rotors about 1" from the ground) the easier it is to get the bolts out of the housing. Sometimes you get in a hurry and I shortened one of my struts nuts about a 1/4" beating on it w/ a hammer.

I really hate to say this but if you are going to replace your inner tie rods it's probably only going to be about ~$60 -$100 to get a whole rack w/ inners. It's also easier to change the whole rack IMHO.

You have got to be kidding!

When I changed my inner tierod, it only took about 45-minutes from start to finish, even though that was my first time.

With the right tools (long tierod socket, torque wrench, and tierod crimper) it was super easy. Granted, I spent nearly $100 on tools, but with 4 W-bodies at my house, it's money well spent.

Oh fer shure. Again, just my opinion, I would rather not screw w/ them and you have to admit the savings are there over replacing just the tie rods.

Oh fer shure. Again, just my opinion, I would rather not screw w/ them and you have to admit the savings are there over replacing just the tie rods.

Well, I don't really see the savings because changing the inner tierods requires a TON less labor than swapping out the rack. Swapping out the rack is a pretty huge job requiring lowering the rear of the subframe, unbolting the power steering lines, and maneuvering the rack out from around the lines and through the opening created by lowering the subframe. Then you have to bolt the power steering lines back on which is a pain in itself. Removing an inner tierod is as simple as remove outer clamp from boot with pliers, cut inner boot clamp with Dremel, pull off boot, attach long inner tierod socket, attach 1/2" drive wrench to socket, and remove. Very simple!

Front strut bearings and rear shock mounts. Since you're going to have all the suspension disassembled, you may as well replace all the parts as a complete unit.

I plan to install these parts this week-end.

Front&Rear struts

Front&Rear rotors

Inner&Outer tie rods

lower balljoints

Is there anything else I should do while things are apart? Also I've got a squeaking coming from rear end what bushings or rubbers would cause it.