Light bulb go POOF!

xtremerevolution

So my interior console lights are starting to go POOF, particularly on my climate control deck. I've already lost lighting to 6 of the buttons. Is there some way to open them up and change the light bulbs? I'd love to put some blue LEDs in there, or at least get them lit up again.

I don't know on regals... but many such devices use bulbs that are soldered in, and could be replaced with new ones from radioshack, if you can solder.

Otherwise... in my cars, I run the interior lights at a minimal setting, meaning the less voltage running thru the lights will make them last longer. say about 1/2 of full brightness. This is not an issue in the cars I have equipped with HUDs... cause I can run dark with those!

I don't know on regals... but many such devices use bulbs that are soldered in, and could be replaced with new ones from radioshack, if you can solder.

Otherwise... in my cars, I run the interior lights at a minimal setting, meaning the less voltage running thru the lights will make them last longer. say about 1/2 of full brightness. This is not an issue in the cars I have equipped with HUDs... cause I can run dark with those!

I was thinking that was the case, and that I should just get some blue LEDs and re-solder them on where the old bulbs were...

That would be pretty awesome I would think...

Trust me, you don't want blue backlighting in anything on your dashboard. Worst decision I ever made when it came to aesthetics on the car. No color but blue shows though. No red on your HVAC, no orange or red on your tach. Keep the stock lighting colors.

Trust me, you don't want blue backlighting in anything on your dashboard. Worst decision I ever made when it came to aesthetics on the car. No color but blue shows though. No red on your HVAC, no orange or red on your tach. Keep the stock lighting colors.

Hmm...

In that case, I might want to just pull a unit from the junkyard to experiment with.