Pics of GP taillights cleared?

Psych0matt

Don't do it! :mad:

EDIT: Go to clubgp and the pre-97 section, look for blackbombshell95(or whatever his screenname is) picture post there. It was posted within a week or so and I remember him having a picture of two of his car w/ cleared tails.

They look like ass. Bad.

x2 I cleared my first set. At first I loved it but as time went on I came to the realization how much it looked like ass. If you had a good set that had truly clear lenses (mine were kinda foggy) and you got the back piece chromed, I could see that looking better. But just removing the colored pieces inside leaves a drab looking mat silver backing to the light.

In addition to that, I had trouble with my bulbs. I had to get red bulbs, and the only ones I could find ended up blowing a fuse every time I stepped on the break. From there I went to red covers for the bulbs, but they just ended up fading and turning pink!

Heres a couple pics I took way back when, they are the best I have.

2129853_24_full.jpg

2129853_25_full.jpg

2129853_26_full.jpg

When you take them apart, if you don't get them sealed right, they fill up with water.... That was a pain in the ass!

If your going to do anything to them, tint them! What I have now looks a million times better, I took older lenses off a sedan (no black hatching in them) and tinted them, I love the new look! The only thing I would change about the lights I have now is putting the color back in over the signal lights, because when they light up you can see that same drab silver backing.

Here is how they look now

CIMG1409.jpg

CIMG2448.jpg

Jamie

They look like ass. Bad.

x2 I cleared my first set. At first I loved it but as time went on I came to the realization how much it looked like ass. If you had a good set that had truly clear lenses (mine were kinda foggy) and you got the back piece chromed, I could see that looking better. But just removing the colored pieces inside leaves a drab looking mat silver backing to the light.

In addition to that, I had trouble with my bulbs. I had to get red bulbs, and the only ones I could find ended up blowing a fuse every time I stepped on the break. From there I went to red covers for the bulbs, but they just ended up fading and turning pink!

Heres a couple pics I took way back when, they are the best I have.

2129853_24_full.jpg

2129853_25_full.jpg

2129853_26_full.jpg

When you take them apart, if you don't get them sealed right, they fill up with water.... That was a pain in the ass!

If your going to do anything to them, tint them! What I have now looks a million times better, I took older lenses off a sedan (no black hatching in them) and tinted them, I love the new look! The only thing I would change about the lights I have now is putting the color back in over the signal lights, because when they light up you can see that same drab silver backing.

Here is how they look now

CIMG1409.jpg

CIMG2448.jpg

Jamie

wow that looks very nice, and I will have my solid ones on here really soon. just waiting for paint.

looks really good on red cars, theres a red "n/a" car down the street with solids, but that looks good with tint.

I got the LED bulbs, had them for a few years already. they give it that extra redness to make it worth the money but arent cheap.

Hey GTP_MuNkY ... have you tried the LED bulbs? I run 1157 ambers in my front turn lights since the lenses are already clear, and they are crisp and bright. I got them from ebay. :lol:

ambers huh? I got to get some now. :wink:

I have tried the LEDs, they didn't work for me, they blew my fuses every time I used them! I'm told that because they draw more current than normal bulbs they are highlighting a short in one of my wires. My brother has this problem too with his MX6.

Jamie

I have tried the LEDs, they didn't work for me, they blew my fuses every time I used them! I'm told that because they draw more current than normal bulbs they are highlighting a short in one of my wires. My brother has this problem too with his MX6.

Jamie

there was somewhere that i saw or heard the you can get like a transformer to get the LED's to work properly so it wont burn the fuse out

well if you use the proper resistors and limit the current enough you won't be popping 20 amp fuses ;) (I realize you're using preassembled pop-in LED lights..)

I was under the impression that led replacements use less power than incandescent. not true?

they are more efficient right?????

they are much more efficient. but the current draw still depends on how many LEDs are in the bulb.

Could be a problem with the tail/brake light nature of our bulbs too. What I mean is, our stock bulbs are dual filament, one dim one for tail lights and one bright one for brake lights. The LED bulbs you're using might not be set up for this properly.