hazmatic

im wonderin if there is a way to set up my low beams to be on with my hi beams the reason i ask is i got a problem with not seein at night while drivin in dark areas that require hi beams i want the most i can get

n my body kit is on the way that has fog lights n im wondering if i can wire them to a swith so i can turn them on n off as i pls even to be on while my highs r on

If u have a 4 headlight setup (seprate 9005 hi beam bulbs) the low beams SHOULD be on with them also. if you have those stupid healights where its just one bulb then ur SOL and those kinda hi beams suck anyways

I know that there was a kit "somewhere" for "some car", can honestly tell you anything about it, or even what kind of car it was for, but another thing to try would be different bulbs, the blue and white bulbs filter out different kinds of light to change the projected light. If they don't help you any they at least look neat. 8) You could spend about $500 on an HID kit, but I don't think it's worth it. Also, the fog lights you are going to use, are you going w/ aftermarket or factory? Hopefully aftermarket, in which case they will come w/ a toggle switch or if you don't want to mess w/ it and want them all the time, just use a relay and activate them w/ the parking lights, or high or low beams. Also, the wattage is EVERYTHING, only certain foglights are considered Driving lights, they must be a certain wattage and height from the ground. Look for a high wattage buld, around 85+ watts.

there aftermarket there comin with the body kit i wanna be able to turn them on n off as i pls so i can have them on at a flick of a swith or off

i thought bout doin a hid conversion but also said i dont think its worth it n i also thought bout the blue or white lights (i dont like blue so i would use white) but didnt kno if they actually worked n i will see if the need to be re-aimed n i dunno what my hi beams do when turned on maybe someon else knos its for my 88 regal custome

Skip the blue-bulbs...those will actually make it more difficult to see and are only worth it for S.P.I.T. (Stupid People's Image Thing)

White bulbs help somewhat (Xenon gas-filled). I gave in and tested the high-beams with the white bulbs. There was only marginal increase in output, but the change from having the older yellow light brought out better color clarity on whatever the light was hitting. I bought them for the low-beams a few months later and have been happy.

Running the low-beams with the high-beams can be done, but don't mess with the wiring and modify it in any mickey-mouse way. A buddy of mine ran a jumper wire from his high-beam line to the low-beam so the same line powered two lights. Needless to say, the line overheated before any fuse blew and started an electrical fire.

Using a cheap method, I'd try installing a secondary switch that supplies power through a fusable link to the low-beam line right at the light. (If it's a two-light setup - a one lamp setup would shorten the life of the bulb pretty quick) (Pretty much like a set of fog lights that aren't operated on a switch). The high-beams will work on their own off the multi-function stalk and all would be well. All that's required is a piggy-back connection to the low-beam positive line and remembering to shut it off when not in use. Heck, you could even include a relay off the ignition line so it will only work when the car is running.

is my car even a dual bulb headlight assembely i think it is but im not sure n do the white xenon bulbs make a dif n how bright would it be to have the high n low white xenon bulbs operatin at the same time

It won't be the difference in how much brighter it will be, rather, the low- beams will fill areas in front of you the high-beams won't. That'll help.

The Lumina does have a dual-light setup on each side.

...and holy $hit with the lights man! I feel sorry for the on-coming bastard that flashes that guy for thinking his high-beams are on. He's gonna get an instant sun tan!

a lumina might but what bout my REGAL

n wtf is that thing that is over doin it im guessin he likes to off road or rally race??

Are you highlights sealed or removable?

If removable, get you getto-bootie to an auto parts store for some better bulbs / re-aiming procedure.

As for the truck, it could be a Baha 500 race truck.

PhantomFE3, you posted it, what's it from?

- Erik

My Regal's lights suck too. I did the blue xenon hyperlight thing and now I have $34 worth of blue bulbs sitting in their cute little clear boxes waiting out their life in the garage.

This guy has stuff to make all the lights come on including proper relays and diagrams but his intentions are just to relieve the voltage (resistance) going through the light switch in the dash, thereby increasing voltage to the light itself. I'd e-mailed him about a year ago but he had nothing specific to our cars. There are ideas here though.

http://lighting.mbz.org/

a lumina might but what bout my REGAL

n wtf is that thing that is over doin it im guessin he likes to off road or rally race??

Are you highlights sealed or removable?

If removable, get you getto-bootie to an auto parts store for some better bulbs / re-aiming procedure.

As for the truck, it could be a Baha 500 race truck.

PhantomFE3, you posted it, what's it from?

- Erik

88-89 Regal = dual bulbs per headlight, glass lens, removable bulbs. cmon noone answered this? :roll:

its a shot out the dark but would there be ne red headlights if not can i make some by gettin the hypa whites n puttin red sawran wrap n would the effect my visabilty

Nope they're not made since red light in the front of the car is illegal.

The DMV strictly controls those rules / regulations for automotive accessories.

But, if you're a rebel, you can put colored wrap on the lenses, but not the actual bulb.

if placed on the bulb, you'll melt the wrap, and most likely blow the bulb.

- Erik