trunk randomly opens

meltboy1

I just disconnected the wire to the trunk pop, but before it would just randomly open.... Me and my friends sat out there one day, cuz sometimes I would go outside and my trunk would be open and I was like WTF?... so we sat there, and it would just randomly pop sometimes... any ideas as to why this might happen?

Unless the interior switch is stuck in a closed state, the tranny position switch couldn't be the problem.

Was it a factory option or did you add it? the wire going to the trunk is just the ground, it's gotta be getting powered somehow. try replacing the switch :shrug:

do your power locks also go apeshit and lock and unlock rapidly by themselves?

ya, I forgot to mention that part, sometimes the car would lock/unlock itself, but only when the wire connected to the switch on the trunk was plugged in...

do your power locks also go apeshit and lock and unlock rapidly by themselves?

ya, I forgot to mention that part, sometimes the car would lock/unlock itself, but only when the wire connected to the switch on the trunk was plugged in...

mine did the same thing.

i believe this problem is in the keyless entry box in the car. I unplugged that and these problems went away.

mine randomly unlocks itself all the time, so i pulled the fuse for the power locks. only once its popped the trunk on me, and i was at the mall! great timing you stupid W.... luckily my subs were still there.

anyway, im guessing i have the same problem then. i wasnt sure if it was the remote control door lock receiver or the bcm. i guess ill try the rcdlr first.

WELL... I have had this issue with my 91 international sedan.

I got locked out of it, and the car still has no keys. I wound up punching out the lock on the smashed door and getting back in... except it locked itself again last night! @!%$^!*%$*!@#

I got locked out of it, and the car still has no keys. I wound up punching out the lock on the smashed door and getting back in... except it locked itself again last night! @!%$^!*%$*!@#

LOL!!!!