Bose Audio Speakers

LuminaPerformance

Hey guys im thinking about replacing my speakers, with orginal bose speaker for my Lumina. I got the price and everything, but are they worth it. do they hold up the power?

bose kick ass, you dont need much power, but yes, bose are 1 of the best speakers in the world, my dad has a pair of bose speakers on his stereo here, they arent very big but they sound sweet on our surround sound, i dont know about bose car audio but i am assuming they are just as good

My experience with bose speakers is that they are nothing special at all. But they have very good box tuneing abilities (the maze/transmission line thing) Their box engineering is very good. And oh man don't even get me started on their amps, those are things of beauty. Very sofisticated, good loudness curves and anti clipping and other goodies.

This is why bose sounds so good, however a pair of 6x9s mounted in the rear deck is hardly bose quality engineering. Even the little tuned boxes in the front doors arn't so great. And just look at the bose car speakers from the lumina's. Thin untreated paper cone, small voice coil. I asked bose how much for a new 6x9 (cus one of mine had warped its untreated paper cone so the vc shorted and scraped) I expected 30 bux max for such a cheep looking speaker. They wanted 100 bux! Well screw them!

Bose home audio is great. Some of the bose systems in new cars is very good. But these old systems, they suck.

I hate bose with a passion. They are only known because of great marketing, not great products. The home audio is garbage for the price (they may be better than some stuff out there, but when you compare them to something in the same price range they don't hold a candle to companies like Klipsh, Paradigm, Energy, Phase Technology, B&W, Definitive Technology... the list goes on). Approximately 40% of what you pay for a bose product goes into their marketing budget, not research and design. most things bose patents are old ideas with new names.

A very popular saying among people who sell or get heavy into high-end home audio is "no highs, no lows, must be bose." I just figure bose is a four letter word for a reason.

As far as car stuff, i have never been too impressed with any "Factory Premium" setups. They are better than most stock setups, but they cost way more than they are worth. You could spend the same amount on aftermarket gear and get far superior sounding equipment. Go into a good car audio store and see what $2000 will get you (that's what many factory premium systems cost), it's a lot better than the factory stuff.

I realize that i have some pretty strong opinions when it comes to audio gear, but i did sell high-end home theater and car audio equipment, so i feel i can back-up what i say. I don't want people to get into a big debate about bose with me here, it's just not the place. if you want more opinions/information on bose try an audio forum like http://www.soundandvisionmag.com

The home audio is garbage for the price (they may be better than some stuff out there, but when you compare them to something in the same price range they don't hold a candle to companies like Klipsh, Paradigm, Energy, Phase Technology, B&W, Definitive Technology... the list goes on

I hear you there, they are overpriced.

Their two products I am very impressed with however, are their noise cancelation headphones (if not for their cancelation abilities, they are light and have great ergnomics) and the wave radio. For its size, it is the best sounding thing I have ever heard.

But alas, I own none of these things and would never pay even half price for them them. I enjoy designing and building my own creations.

also the factory bose speakers are not built with the same quality as other aftermarket speakers...the were built cheaply to meet GM's specifications...also speaker technolgy has changed a lot since those speakers were probably made...now don't get me wrong go for it...cause i like it cheap...and they sound pretty good...but if you're going for the best quality you can get try some new Infinity speakers or something

I completely agree that Bose is way overpriced, and you can get a lot better for the money, but I will tell you that the Bose stereo that came in our SSEi sounds DAMN GOOD. It can get much louder and get much more bass than some of my friends with aftermarket stereos with big amps and subs. Obviously there are better stereo's out there, but I don't think I would rip out the Bose stereo for something else. It is about 100 times better than the other Stereo option for the Bonneville, that is crap. But I would never buy anything Bose by choice for my home unless it was really cheap. Personally I am more of a Sony guy, just because I have had good experiences with Sony and thier products, but there is still much better out there.

actually all speakers that come in GM cars and trucks are bose, with or without the "premium" package. in the 50's or 60's GM bought delco, which is the parent company of Bose, or so is what I've read.

A very popular saying among people who sell or get heavy into high-end home audio is "no highs, no lows, must be bose." I just figure bose is a four letter word for a reason.

That was general concensus back in the days when I used to frequent the rec.audio.* newsgroups. Golden-ears audiophiles tend to hate Bose.

I always thought Bose was supposed to be great too, until I went with a friend to visit his brother in St. Louis. He had some of the tiny Bose satellites that were so popular at the time (mid-90's). They were so shrill, they just about made my ears bleed.

My home stereo equipment consists of Bose speakers. My Pioneer surround reciever in my living room has a pair of Bose Interaudio 4000xl's. They sound awesome, and since I'm only running Prologic surround, I have no need for a subwoofer, those take care of it for me. In my room I'm running a Pioneer SX-1280 reviever (from the late 70's, 80 lbs and 180 watts of pure fury! lol) and a small pair of Bose 2.2 speakers. Which when running from this large of an amplifier sound amazing.

Bose is expensive. That's why I refuse to buy anything new from them, OR any of their currently new products. We stopped at a Best Buy in Springfield last weekend, and I stopped at the big Bose theatre display they had. The only speakers that sounded decent were the 301's. Everything else was starting to distort under moderate volume, or sounded muddy or tinny. I personally think their older products are of much better quality than their newer ones, which is why I buy any product of Bose on eBay. Prices are generally cheaper there, especially on older equipment, which is all I look for anyway.

Oh, forgot to add, I've also got a delco/bose system in the sammy. Originally taken from a camaro, I wired up the 2 outboard amplifiers to the 2 front speakers, and the amp that was in the sub enclosure got moved to the old tube sub I have in there now. Nothing great sounding, but better than silence.

In reply to the original question asked, just go with aftermarket. Your gonna save yourself lots of money, and time installing the Bose system, plus, you'll get much better sound.

Not to sure about they're current offerings but I've heard several sets that are like 20yrs old and it's amazing the sound that they make,Less than 1cu ft. and it sound like theres 15" subs in them. But as was said the main element to Bose is their airguide technology without a custom box their speakers are no better than anyone elses. Personally I like Infinity they are affordable and sound awesome.