94 cutty Hud question

rockfangd

Hi everyone i installed hud into my 94 cutlass about 6 months ago and i am not sure why but the gas gauge is always lit, the only time it goes off is when i fill my tank completely full :question:. if i lose one line off my gauge it stays on all the time. so basically my question is Is there anything that i can do to fix the problem or is there something else wrong.

Thanks to everyone in advance

oh really, so i am probably not the only one, i just cant figure it out because they had hud in 94. its almost like i need to install a resistor in the line in order to get it to work, because it is almost like there is too much or too little ground

mine never comes on. maybe you have like a 93 version hud or something? I don't know that that would matter, but it's a thought

did you just plug yours in? the fuel wire is NOT hooked up in CS's, they used the check guages light instead.

well i actually hooked up the purple wire for the fuel sender, i wired it to the purple wire on my harness. I really hope its the right one, but with the symptoms it is weird, and i like how my check gauges works because if i do not turn on my parking lights it tells me, because when i turn on my lights the check gauges goes off lol :mrgreen: i would just like to get the fuel light to stay off until i really am low