red turn signals in tails?

pwmin

i was wondering if there was anything i could use to paint the amber part of my tails red and them still be functional. i dont think it would be illegal since its on the rear of the car and a lot of cars w/ red brake lights use them as turn signals also. i though there was some colored transparant (sp.?) paint similar to nightshades

You could swap the housing from the 4 door GP's. The lights are reversed than take out that orange stuff out and put your red back in at the top. That would make it all red.

hmm, looks like i need to go to the j/y :biggrin:

ill probably just get a set of both styles so i have a set if i mess them up.

You could swap the housing from the 4 door GP's. The lights are reversed than take out that orange stuff out and put your red back in at the top. That would make it all red.

hmm, looks like i need to go to the j/y :biggrin:

ill probably just get a set of both styles so i have a set if i mess them up.

I know you can clear the top out of our tails, but Im not 100% on the 4 Doors, I would image they would be the same. Goto the JY and bust some out and try it.

then you lose your reverse lights.

then you lose your reverse lights.

It's not like they do anything anyways.

they alert other drivers that you're backing up :rolleyes: I've seen a handful of close calls due to lack of reverse lights in parking lots and things like that. wouldn't pass safety inspection either, if you have one.

Keep the rear ambers! They're more functional.

And why in hell would you get rid of your reverse lights? Aside from alerting other drivers that you're backing up, they also help light the area that you would otherwise be blindly backing into at night. I never realized how much light those things put out until I backed into our new house's driveway and was only able to see by virtue of the backup lights...

Yeah the Cutlass sedan reverse lights are friggin nuts. 2 bulbs each housing, they're like high beams!

Now as far as the GP, just take the sedan's red INSERT, chop it shorter, and that should fit where the coupe amber lens insert is.

Keep the rear ambers! They're more functional.

:werd:

I hate red blinkers. When I can only see one side of a car and the stupid stop/tail/signal combo light is blinking, I can never tell if it's someone wanting in my lane indicating I should slow down and let them in, or if it's just some dipshit riding the brakes. I wish we had the European law here that says blinkers MUST light up amber!

they alert other drivers that you're backing up :rolleyes: I've seen a handful of close calls due to lack of reverse lights in parking lots and things like that. wouldn't pass safety inspection either, if you have one.

Same here, I look out for reverse lights in parking lots whether I'm in my car or on foot. A lot of people aren't smart enough to look behind them when backing so the reverse lights are at least a warning to everyone else to watch out.

I wouldn't change the color of either, but that's just my opinion.

i like amber signals myself... however a mess of guys on thridgen.org take apart their tail lights and use Testors candy apple red to paint over the inside of the amber part to make them red. the end results look more or less like it came that way.

i like amber signals myself... however a mess of guys on thridgen.org take apart their tail lights and use Testors candy apple red to paint over the inside of the amber part to make them red. the end results look more or less like it came that way.

i think thats the stuff i found looking around.

i have no problems w/ red turn signals, esp when a lot of cars on the road have them (every other car i have, lol). if the car wasnt red, i wouldnt even be thinking about it. amber turns look out of place on red cars, just like the red turns on my orange cobalt look out of place.