to prevent rear caliper seizing?

GPdriver1986

What should I do to prevent the rear calipers from seizing up? I was thinking that maybe if I just leave it in Park and not touch the e-brake.

Don't drive a gen. 1 w-body. Seriously though, there was a HUGE debate about this not too long ago, and we couldn't come up w/ a fershur 100% gaurNteed fix.

Another thing is you have to use them so they don't seize, I try yo use it at least once a week and I pump them quite a few times releasing in between.

If you act fast GPdriver1986, you could snag the 1994+ rear brakes from a parts - car.

Check this, taken from thread:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5550&highlight=

If you are interested, make an offer on here, and I will contact Martin. Once his computer is back up and running...you can talkto him.

It's on a first come first serve...

Spoken for or sold are:

Engine

Sunroof and roof liner

Cat

Dogbone

UD pulley and belt.

Anything else is up for sale.

Some parts to mention.

TRANNY....that's right...5 spd

1996 Montecarlo brake upgrade in front with kybgr2 struts and suspension technique lowering springs. (fit for direct bolt on to 92 lumina)

1996 montecarlo read brakes (fit for direct bolt on to 92 lumina)

Make a realistic offer...and I will let you know.

Buyer will pay shipping from Southern Ontario.

'94+ rear brake upgrade

I'd go with that option. I own 4 pre-94 Grand Prixs, and only ONE of them has rear brakes that are working 100%. Odd thing is, that is the one car I drive in the snow :?

Anyway..I'd go with the upgrade. It's not that hard to do. And it's a lot easier to change pads with the new calipers. The new calipers are also A LOT cheaper than the old faulty ones....and the rotor size will increase. :D