clay bar questions

GPdriver1986

I want to clay bar my car using Mothers clay bar but I have a few questions.

1)After I use the clay bar on my car can I reuse it?

2)How do I use it (spinning, or just straight motion)?

3)Should I wash my car after using the clay bar?

4)Should I do it in the shade or in the sun?

you can reuse the clay bar quite a few times. i would wash the car and wax it after claying it. it doesnt really matter what motion you use. and it doesnt really matter if its in the shade or not but make sure you use plenty of water, if your in the sun the water will obviously dry quicker.

No, you should use the clay in the shade. Bascicly, any paint work should be done in the shade, as not to heat things up to much to fast. LIke you should never wax or anyhing in the sun, and i even hate to wash in the sun. If you drop the clay, you have to buy a new one. You can reuse it a few times. Also, when working, you need to like fold it every once in a while to get a good fresh side. Some peopel also cut em and use chuncks.

Doesnt matter the motion, just use lots of lube.

You can wash afterwords. Somteims, there may be residue. Or, once you get the handle, some peopel clay and wash at the same time.

JUST BE SURE TO WAX AFTERWORDS

and btw...claybars basicly remove embed containimetns, like sap, bugs, stuff etc. It makes your paint feel like glass when done.

Jon