Is this a little much?

19Cutlass94

So Ive been looking for a 3400 engine, and I found one from a 2001 chevy impala with 159,000miles on the motor. It says its been 'well taken care of' but the place wants $750 for the motor. Is it just me or does this seem like a litte much? I would hate to spend this much money on one but they are kinda hard to find up here and they only have 1 in stock.... so should I take this or should i hold out and try to find one a little cheaper. I mean as long as theres no damage to the block, rods, pistons, crank, etc etc etc its not a problem cause I plan on overhauling it anyways...

well it was all get freshened up by my machine shop and the motor would be overhauled with all new seals, bearings, timing components etc etc so it would be like a new motor.. plus I wouldnt use the 3400 top end either...

159,000 is abit much, and i am asumeing that this is a junkyard so how are they to know it was "well taken care of"

It was owned by a little old lady. Duh! :lol:

I would upgrade if your current engine was dieing... but I think you could do without.

Id rather have a 3400 with mods because its the easiest to do, I dont have to mess with anything with the 3.8 such as new motor, new tranny, halving the half-shafts, wiring etc etc. This will be a simple matter of taking out the 3100 and putting in the 3400. With what I have planned with it ( even still with OBD 1.5 ) it should be still somewhat respectable.