Looking to squeeze more from my 2.8

Intlcutlass

I want to add a little extra oooomf to my car. I have a bunch of stuff already, and last night I bypassed the coolant lines on the TB (didn't even know they were there). What would be a better deal, an underdrive pully or a custom chip. I have the program Mick posted on his site (when the program was still free) , but I don't have an prom burner.

I could get the pully from fast forward proformance wich adds like 8-10 hp, what could I get out of a chip? NOT the Jet chip or Hyperwhatever chip, but a custom burned chip, (maybe somebody off the board would help me?- I'd be glad to pay you for your efforts!!).

AND , which would be more cost effective?

I tried for 3 years to get more oomf out of my 2.8 and finally I came to my sense's and bought a 9C1. Dont get me wrong 2.8's are good, reliable long lasting, care free engines, but they do lack in the performance area.

Personally, I would do the Pulley, then get a fast fwd performance chip, and in the part where they ask you about mods, mention what all you have, and Im pretty sure they burn the chip to get the most out of your mods. Thats what I would do. The pulley is like 8-10HP, then the chip, with the mods mentioned, might get around 5-10 more HP

Robby

Chips add a little performance, but its not worth buying the premium gas at each fill up.

I never noticed a power increase or mpg increase with a K&N either. Not worth my $40 again.

Guest TurboSedan
I want to add a little extra oooomf to my car. I have a bunch of stuff already, and last night I bypassed the coolant lines on the TB (didn't even know they were there). What would be a better deal, an underdrive pully or a custom chip. I have the program Mick posted on his site (when the program was still free) , but I don't have an prom burner.

I could get the pully from fast forward proformance wich adds like 8-10 hp, what could I get out of a chip? NOT the Jet chip or Hyperwhatever chip, but a custom burned chip, (maybe somebody off the board would help me?- I'd be glad to pay you for your efforts!!).

AND , which would be more cost effective?

shoulda kept the TGP T25 turbo & crossover stuff you sold me, you would have been a world ahead! i could have sold you all the other parts to turbo a 2.8/3.1 since i found a complete TGP engine later. but then again the complete TGP engine didn't include the T25.....

i myself would ditch the 2.8 for a low mileage 3.1 and then mod that. going with the Getrag 282 will give you HUGE acceleration gains if you can find a suitable donor. otherwise get a chip from Vegeta, and free up the exhuast (remove cat if you can) and K&N filter. well that's what i would do anyway. if you really want to get crazy n/a go with higher compression pistons, and a cam & chip to match.

joshua

Chips add a little performance, but its not worth buying the premium gas at each fill up.

I never noticed a power increase or mpg increase with a K&N either. Not worth my $40 again.

The FFP chip can run on 89 octane. And, with my K&N, I noticed a big gain gas mileage. Im not calling your bluff, Im just telling my experiences.

Robby