spray bombing tips

pwmin

can anyone give me any pointers or show me where to look...i need to find out how i can spray paint my car w/ rattle cans and get a smooth finish that i can wax. everthing ive done so far isnt real smooth and wont buff out really well. what do i need to do to be able to do that? do i need to wetsand in between base, color, and clear, or what? also, what is the best spray clear to use? nothing ive used so far has been worth a damn. it usually comes out grainy, i guess you would say.

if you really have to use rattle cans, use a lacquer base paint (duplicolor, plastikote automotive paints) followed by rustoleum enamel clearcoat. That will give you a decent shine. That's what I did with my Camaro's tiebar (see the thread in the Other Cars section)

if you really have to use rattle cans, use a lacquer base paint (duplicolor, plastikote automotive paints) followed by rustoleum enamel clearcoat. That will give you a decent shine. That's what I did with my Camaro's tiebar (see the thread in the Other Cars section)

cool, yeah, i use the duplicolor color-match stuff. ill have to find some of that clear. i used some sort of enamel clear from advance, but it didnt spray out right. this is only a temporary thing to get it looking a little better for now till i can afford to have all the body work done and get it repainted.

Lay a good 4 medium coats of clear on, and if it still seems dull, you have enough paint there so you could wetsand, then compound, then buff to get the shine out. But with that Rustoleum clear, I've never had a problem getting a hi gloss finish.

Lay a good 4 medium coats of clear on, and if it still seems dull, you have enough paint there so you could wetsand, then compound, then buff to get the shine out. But with that Rustoleum clear, I've never had a problem getting a hi gloss finish.

sweet, thanks. ill be sure to take some pix and post em up this weekend.

thanks a ton for the tips, brian. came out great. well, not show quality, obviously, but great for spray paint. i only used 3 coats of clear, but it came out great. i hope i can buff it, but im not sure. its def shiny enough to where i probably dont need to wetsand it. pix and more info here: http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,62579.0.html

• 4 months later...