My wipers will NOT work!

90TGPGirl

A month ago, my wipers quit working. They would go up a little it and then not move at all. If I put them on High, they would go crazy and the blades would hang of the car and then get stuck. I replaced the motor. And while I had everything apart, if I wiggled the one wire harness that plugs into the motor, the wipers would work fine. But once I let go of it, they wouldn't work at all. I don't think you can buy just that harness.

I've had to drive in the rain without wipers for a month now. Please help.

Thanks!

Did it look like any of the little metal terminals in the connector were bad? You can pop them out by removing any TPA (a little plastic clip on the connector that locks the terminals in) and then using a tiny flathead screwdriver to depress a locking tang on the terminal. The terminal should then be able to pull out the back of the connector housing. If it's a bad terminal, you can actually replace them. I think Pep Boys sells crimp-on Metripak terminals. I had to do this on my truck when one of the terminals to the ABS module were completely corroded.

It might actually be easier to just cut off the connector entirely and splice on a new wiring pigtail. I'll bet GM does sell the pigtails, let me know if you want the part #.

Although, maybe it's not the wiring at all? You replaced the motor, but did you replace the circuit board that attaches to the motor? If not, maybe the circuit board needs to be resoldered. I've never encountered a problem with this circuit board in a W-body, but I've heard other GM cars and trucks need their wiper control circuit boards resoldered.

You could always get a wire harness at a local junkyard but then you have to cut the wires and connect them. I use a crimper and quick disconnect connector.

What I would do on that situation is that I'm going to grab the middle of the harness and hold it tight in one place and then I would wiggle on one side first then try to wiggle on the opposite side. That way I will be able to find out where exactly the break or short in the line is coming from.

It could be just the connector needs to be cleaned up. There is a wire contact cleaners that you can get and then use use di-electric grease.

Every now and then my wipers freeze for a couple seconds when I have them at the fastest speed.

Copy that ghostrider, I have the same problem, but it happens about once every other month. SO I don't have to worry about it yet. :oops:

I sometimes have a problem with my wipers where when i turn them on, expc. when using wiper fluid....they wont come up. So I just bump the knob up to full power, and for some reason they come up

jon

my delay works 1 day outta the month for like 10 minutes then cuts out, has 2 be the swicth.

i also rewired mine so they stay on even without the key in the ignition.

also swicthed it so that if the car isnt on, the headlights wont work but

neither do my hazard lights.

-Jeff