Intrigues

CanadianRegal

Hey guys and gals,

Have a question regarding the Intrigues. Are the 3.5 better than the 3.8? And control ride thing they have any good or rare? We have an '01 with 81,xxxkms on it and I am pondering picking it up. Is it worth it, and I'll try and get pics tomorrow. It is in decent shape, with just the usual dents and scuffs. Otherwise it is really clean and was undersprayed and what not.

Thanks

Nigel

Well Rob's automatically going to bash the 3.8, so that answer won't help you much. I love the 3800, since it was on the top engines list for a few years. However I'm not sure about the rest...

Hey guys and gals,

Have a question regarding the Intrigues. Are the 3.5 better than the 3.8? And control ride thing they have any good or rare? We have an '01 with 81,xxxkms on it and I am pondering picking it up. Is it worth it, and I'll try and get pics tomorrow. It is in decent shape, with just the usual dents and scuffs. Otherwise it is really clean and was undersprayed and what not.

Thanks

Nigel

Well if your planning on keeping it stock, the 3.5 is the better choice, but if you want to mod it, the 3.8 is the way to go.

are you talkin about the Precision Control System? I don't know if thats rare or not, uncommon may be the word for it. Rob can give you more info on that. :lol:

Hey guys and gals,

Thanks

Nigel

Well if your planning on keeping it stock, the 3.5 is the better choice, but if you want to mod it, the 3.8 is the way to go.

thats what i'd say. unless you turbo it or something. the 3.5 is a little crammed, imo, and a little harder to work on, but much more fun to drive

Ya thats for sure, it has the 3.5. I drove one as a company car a few years back with the 3.5 in it and I loved it. I found it to have lots of get up and go. It was awesome on gas though, I drove just over 200kms on 10bucks of gas :lol: I just want to see how cheap I can get it for. My Regal has the 3.8 in it, and I also love it too. Half decent gas milage, and lots of power. :high5:

I'd go for it. But.... I would have to do something about the sideskirts though.

swap to the '98 skirts!

As that they are much more appealing, they still look pretty off on these cars. Thats really the big thing that kills me about these Intrigue's.

I'd go for it. But.... I would have to do something about the sideskirts though.

swap to the '98 skirts!

As that they are much more appealing, they still look pretty off on these cars. Thats really the big thing that kills me about these Intrigue's.

There's a difference? :lol:

Yes. The '98 skirts are more round and contoured with the body. The '99+ skirts are rectangular and ugly.

Still though, the '98 skirts just don't do it for me. The side profile of Intrigue's really blows.

Yes. The '98 skirts are more round and contoured with the body. The '99+ skirts are rectangular and ugly.

Still though, the '98 skirts just don't do it for me. The side profile of Intrigue's really blows.

hmm..I always thought somethin was weird about some other Intrigues I see.

I actually like the kit Razzi offers for Intrigues.

me too

3.5 shortstar can run regular gas ... the 3.8 can also run regular gas but with consequences.

The N/A 3.8 can run on regular gas with no problem, it's the L67 that can't run on regular gas.

According to the manual ... *knock, ping, ping* lol...

Then goes on to talk about the S/C ver.

Also reviews online gave kudos to the 3.5 for running regular gas without any issues but noticed problems with the 3.8 family. So they gave the Intrigue a plus in that category.

Either engine is a good choice because its an Intrigue LOL, as stated by other members I prefer the LX-5 and yes since its a 2001 its a 3.5, the PCS system was an expensive and rare option but it works great and makes these cars even more fun around turns... let me know what they are asking and I will tell you if its worth it. I just sold my two silver Intrigues tonight FTW !!!

Well, I found out that instead of taking my offer of 5,000 cash. They thought they could get more at the auction so now its gone. Oh well, I'm keeping my eyes out for the Intrigue or a 2000ish Regal GS.