mmi intake

mediabandit

hey guys i finally got my intake from dohc v6...

i moved the battery out of the way, removed the winshield washer bottle, removed the horns, but the filter still will not fit down in the fender.

do i have to cut this piece out or what? i messaged him but haven't heard back yet, but i would like to get this done asap i have to go out this afternoon and i need the car.

mmi1.jpg

Try getting it through the rust hole? lol

Most people put the filter in from under the car. You can cut the holes bigger if you want but if you are ever in an accident the car will crumple more.

Where did you move everything to?

Jamie

ya i need to replace the battery tray i know.

well for now i removed the bottle, picking up a different one this afternoon that will fit, and the horns, well i will have to figure out where i can mount at least one of them once i have the intake on.

i will try and get it in from underneath but it doesn't look like it will even be able to go in far enough to where the pipe will reach it because that plate will still be in the way. looks like i will have to end up cutting it a bit either way i guess. hopefully someone else chimes in with more info, i will wait a little longer before i head back down to the garage. thanks for the info anyway.

I doubt I will have the same problem... I'm using ABS pipe (plastic)

For my washer fluid bottle I'm using an 96 f-body bottle mounted in front of the rad.

The battery I'm just going to turn it... I drag race so I can't move the battery to the trunk.

The horns, I never even thought about... crap

Jamie

ya that is the washer bottle i am going to use too i think.

supposedly this intake is suppose to fit with the battery in there, that is the reason i got it from him.

ya you will need at least one horn, i am suppose to be able to leave one hooked up according to him, but we will see. all comes down to the room.

how much did you pay for this? thinking bout getting one myself? and just on a side note anyone ever thought about putting old caddy air horns in one of these like in front of the rad?

well i got it on but i have no horns, and the goddamn battery didn't fit back where it is suppose to go, which was the whole reason i got this one from him, he said the battery would still be able to sit where it was. the holes in the intake for the sensors were in the wrong place too. so i had to put hose extensions on them too. for now i have the battery in sideways until i go back down the garage tomorrow and take the intake back off and toss it in the garbage. what a waste of $160.00 ffs!!! anyway here are some pics of the install.. and the ghetto rigged battery for now.

100_7428.jpg

100_7429.jpg

100_7430.jpg

100_7431.jpg

100_7432.jpg

100_7433.jpg

100_7434.jpg

100_7435.jpg

100_7436.jpg

100_7437.jpg

100_7438.jpg

100_7439.jpg

100_7440.jpg

100_7441.jpg

100_7442.jpg

100_7443.jpg

100_7444.jpg

100_7445.jpg

100_7446.jpg

100_7447.jpg

Definately get in touch with him. I'd be fuckin pissed too...$160 is a lot to piss away.

you're fuckin right, not only that i paid him for it on june 27th and only got it yesterday! i message him first thing this morning but have yet to hear back from him. i am so mad right now i can hardly see straight ffs!

supposedly it is. i am going to look through my messages now, to find the one i sent him originally telling him that i did not want to move the battery. hopefully i never deleted it.

i couldn't find my message i sent him, but this post says that he has the design for non-battery relocation. which is the one i asked for.

Re: 3.4 DOHC CAI without battery relocation

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 09:39:12 PM »

Reply with quoteQuote

As far as battery relocation, some dont care about doing it and so dont want to do it. So thats why I have currently 2 designs for the 3.4. As far as the size of the piping it goes from 3in to 2.5 next to the fender, thats the one down side to the non battery relocated version. Exhaust piping is used on exhaust, I used 6061t6 aluminum tubing. I just sold the intake to a board member so I cant get anymore pics. As far as price, I charged him $150 just beause He wanted it before I could advertise it again. I am going to be selling them for 130 shipped includes everything.

i had to pull that fender support out, too for mine, but i cut it out and welded a piece in it. i wouldnt completely remove it. as for the horns, i just mounted both to the radiator support. still sound good. i didnt have to remove my battery, either and used an f-body reservoir.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v476/pwmin/96%20Grand%20Prix/FWI/

the whole idea buying this one was not to have to move the battery, like the way you have yours. the horns and the bottle are no big deal, i knew i would have to do something with them. i don't know if there is something i did wrong installing it or what but there is no way i can get the battery in there, and i have 2 different ones as well and neither one of them will fit in there now. i think once i calm down i will go back down and see what is up with it but for now i don't even want to look at the damn thing.

well i have calmed down now,lol. i am talking to dohc v6 right now too, then i am going to head down and have another look. i just have a short temper,lmao sorry.

i will let you know if i get it to work. thanks for the link.

what do you mean? i moved the battery forward like an inch. didnt interfere with anything. cables still worked as well as the tie down block.

edit: shouldnt this topic be moved to general or something? its gonna get lost in this section.

well i rotated everything every which way but it didn't fit. so i just went out and bought another battery, a smaller one...motomaster eliminator and i was able to jam it in there enough to work, no clamp down to hold it but it is jammed in tight enough it doesn't matter, i will work on the horns and the bottle tomorrow if i get a chance.

this is the finished product as of now.

100_7448.jpg

100_7449.jpg

100_7450.jpg

100_7451.jpg

You should be able to get a hold down fitting to go onto that battery. I have the same one in my 93'.

The intake should also fit with the battery rotated 90*. But the hold down won't work.

i don't drive the car in the winter so the cca's don't much matter, but it is 700cca.

and if the battery is rotated 90* the cables will not reach.

but either way it is in now, just sucked that i had to pay another $69.00 for a new battery when mine was brand new, but oh well, better then being out the $160.00 for the intake. never hurts to have a spare battery just in case anyway i guess,lol

ya the yellow tops are a little bit smaller then the stock ones,3" to be exact which gives enough room.

at least now with this battery not being able to go all the way back on the tray will allow me to put one of the horns back on.

I'll be taking it out today to test drive it and make sure everything is working fine, i have to go pick up a washer bottle as well. the battery is in there tight so it shouldn't be a problem, and it also has the intake pinned up again the strut housing so it will not bounce up and down or anything.

I'm going to be rotating my battery the 90*, if the cables don't reach I'll be replacing them with a bigger gauge wire... hmm come to think of it... this is a long weekend... I might do mine this weekend!

Jamie