What Speed on German Autobahn ???

Lonewolf

Hallo, I drive my Cutlass Supreme 3.1 very often on German Autobahn.

What do you think about the Speed I can get in the long run ??

I would like to drive about 95mls/hr with Cruise Contol.

What's about the Transmission, is it overheating ?

And the Engine ??

What for Speed did you get on the long run ???

I hope anybody can help a lone German Cutlass Driver :rolleyes: :cool:

Greets Ralf

lommel2006016mc0.jpg

Maybe put an aftermarkey tranny cooler in by the radiator and that should help a lot with transmisison cooling. Though, I'm not sure it would get hot enough to need one - though a cooler would probably prolong the life of the transmission at least a bit.

fuck it let it all hang out! a new tranny is only like $2,000 and a jy one is only like $300! :lol:

But most importantly, dont drive faster than what your tires are rated for!!!

But isnt there a cutout on the top speed though?

nice.

should run fine at 95 for a while. just make sure your cooling system is up to par and add some redline water wetter or royal purple purple ice. maybe put a 180-stat in, but might not help unless you would actually program the computer to turn on the fans at a lower temp than stock. i would put a trans cooler in there, too, as well as a temp gauge. tranny might be cheap, but finding one there might be a little difficult.

nice.

should run fine at 95 for a while. just make sure your cooling system is up to par and add some redline water wetter or royal purple purple ice. maybe put a 180-stat in, but might not help unless you would actually program the computer to turn on the fans at a lower temp than stock. i would put a trans cooler in there, too, as well as a temp gauge. tranny might be cheap, but finding one there might be a little difficult.

I'm sure whether the fans kick in @ 95mph a few degree lower probably has little effect on cooling..

It probably doesn't hurt to have them running I know what you are saying.

I guess with an aftermarket tranny cooler the fans running might help get air floing through that.

fuck it let it all hang out! a new tranny is only like $2,000 and a jy one is only like $300! :lol:

Being in Germany, I would imagine a junkyard tranny would be much harder to find.

Being in Germany, I would imagine a junkyard tranny would be much harder to find.

I think it is very hard to find a tranny at a German junkyard....

Thank's for the help, I will look for a trannycooler and then I go to hunt all the BMW and Mercedes on the

Autobahn... :high5: :thumb:

Greets from Germany