Ontario safety and emmisons test

GPdriver1986

My car is going for emissons and safety tommorow. I put new brakes on it and everything like the lights, wipers/washer,defoger,p/n switch,heater,fan,mirrors,defrost,etc works. But I was looking underneath the exhaust seems to be almost new except for a few rust spots. The fuel lines have rust on them (not alot). The brake lines look perfect except near the connections there is some rust, I had to replace one brake line becuase it was rusted very badly. I took a look at the fuel filler hose it looks solid, the fuel tank is new. I also see alot of rust on the hoses to the EVAP (charcoal canister), do these hoses carry fuel? There is also another fuel filler line,much smaller then the main one, it seems to have some rust. Before I go I'm going to warm up the car and drive it around to get engine warmed up. The car has 165,000km (110k miles) and there is an Ontario Drive Clean sticker on my windshield. Is there anything I should worry about?

Hey! Someone from the 'Shwa eh? I grew up on the ridges!! :D went to PPHS and often skipped and went to the McDonalds in ohsawa. :D

anyway When i had my E-test i ran the crap out of the car just before i took it in. It passed with flying colours. My theory is to warm up the cat so its at its best working condidtion. Thats all i got

-Peace

Oshawa kicks ass man. I see brand new cars everyday. I really like the new 2004 GP and the Silverado SS, I haven't seen the Impala SS or Monte SS yet. I did warm-up the car by giving it alot of gas.

last time I took my car for the etest...they made sure that I waited ½ hour to cool down before they put it on the dyno..

I asked them why...they said it was to make sure that the engine was cool before it ran so it would not overheat. Then when the manager wasen't there...the grease monkey said it was to make sure that the system was cool to fail easier.

I had a friend that worked at Canadian tire for a while...

He said the best thing to do it...unhook one of the injectors.

So you are blowin air out of one cylinder.

Take it for a ride to smooth the engine out runnin on 5...then take it.

He passed tons that way.