warwgn3

Well, the Lumina is now out of my hands. I signed the ownership over to my friend which now has it in his storage lot. I'm surprised it actually made the 30 mile trip, because it had absolutely no low end power.

We actually had to PUSH the car to get it going out of intersections, and I had to rev it to 5,000 rpm in 1st gear to get it up any steep hills, with the engine stuttering, popping, making all sorts of noises, and there were plumes of black smoke with bits and pieces of crap coming out of the tail pipes, and just reeked of raw fuel. The best speed was 50 mph going down hill, and 30 mph on flat straights. Worst was 15 mph going up hill.

I'm now officially no longer a W-body owner, and I'm glad to finally get rid of the Lumina. It was a really nice car to drive (when it worked right), but it was just a major problem from day one. I'll never buy another W-body again. Most of you on here have really nice cars that are worth the effort, but mine was a lemon, and totally turned me off these cars, Especially the 3.4L DOHC ones. What a nightmare!

I'll stay on for a while longer to keep you all informed on what my next vehicular purchase will be, but after a while I see no point in staying on this forum if I don't have the car that the forum focuses on.

couldve had something to do with towing with a car thats not meant for it...

and if you get a 3.4 that wasnt taken care of, its going to be one of the worst engines youll ever encounter :lol:

couldve had something to do with towing with a car thats not meant for it...
Jesus Christ, dude! I highly doubt that it was the trailer's fault that the timing belt went out on the car. The car ran perfectly fine when I towed the trailer. It's only a small 6-ft tent trailer, barely over 600 lbs... I could tow it with a bicycle! You make it sound like I was towing a 30-ft Airstream trailer for god sakes.

Of couse it wasn't meant for towing, its a FWD car. There are no FWD cars that are meant for towing, but people still tow with them because they can't afford the gas mileage of an old RWD car or truck. It didn't stop the previous owner of the Lumina from towing a 1,200lb+ Bonair trailer to Halifax NS and back. And if the car had no problems doing that, then why would you think it would have problems towing a trailer thats 1/2 the size, and 1/2 the weight of other trailers it's already towed? I towed the trailer with it to Wisconsin and back... TWICE!!!... and it had no problem at all.

The car turned to shit because the timing belt was way overdue to be changed, and I didn't want to fork over any more money to fix it. It was last changed at 160,000 kms, and was due at 260,000 kms. It drove till 277,000 kms before it slipped.

It's like any car... you get to the point that you just don't want to spend anymore money on it, and the next expensive thing that breaks, drives you to send the car to the junk yard. And for this car, it just happened to be the timing belt.

A blown timing belt has nothing to do with towing a trailer.

damn, get all bent about it :rolleyes:. how the fuck am i supposed to know whats all wrong with it? theres obviously more problems than the t-belt; thats not what i was talking about. i didnt mean towing caused the t-belt to blow. you just said right there that it wasnt the cars fault about the t-belt, but that it was the lack of maintenance. you have no idea what unknown stresses towing a trailer could have caused either. guess i have a different perspective since i drive semis and haul a lot of weight.

Hey! I've never owned a W but I love this place. Stay put. :)
I'm not going to leave because anyone pissed be off. I have no problems with anyone here. I just don't see the point of staying when I don't have the Lumina anymore. Besides the forum is just plain boring. I hardly ever read anything anymore. Thy only time I do read a thread is when I started it. Anything else I read is almost always in the whatever section, and even that sucks now.

Like I said, I have no hard feeling toward anyone here. The forum is just not interesting anymore, and it's time to move on.

wow, if this forum is boring, guess i need to join up on one of yours. this forum is by far the most interesting one im on and theres A LOT. (im being serious, not rude)

Same here. This place and GAOC are my only interesting forums.

I understand why you got rid of the Boomina. These cars are old and arent always the easiest to take care! good luck finding another car. Get an early80's park avenue since I know you like V8 RWD. I love them! My friend had this one:

286978_58_full.jpg

but mine was a lemon, and totally turned me off these cars, Especially the 3.4L DOHC ones. What a nightmare!

The car turned to shit because the timing belt was way overdue to be changed, and I didn't want to fork over any more money to fix it. It was last changed at 160,000 kms, and was due at 260,000 kms. It drove till 277,000 kms before it slipped.

sounds like typical "3.4 POS mantra" to me.

I understand why you got rid of the Boomina. These cars are old and arent always the easiest to take care! good luck finding another car. Get an early80's park avenue since I know you like V8 RWD. I love them! My friend had this one:

286978_58_full.jpg

can i have the link to that. i want to see some interior pictures. i love those.