W-body caught in NW Ohio Flooding

IRONDOG442

bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=TO&Dato=20070821&Kategori=NEWS12&Lopenr=821001&Ref=PH&Item=17&Title=1&Maxw=400&Maxh=400&Q=95

If one carefully examines this picture you will notice that this is a L36 powered 1998 Intrigue... had it have been a LX-5 powered car it would not have stalled as the intake is much higher and LX-5s run on water.

That water doesn't even seem that deep from the picture.

My car can't even navigate parking lot puddles safely anymore, thanks to my CAI. I took it through the carwash the other day, and I drove quick through the underbody scrub because I was afraid it was going to drench the intake. So my underbody is dirty still. :lol:

bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=TO&Dato=20070821&Kategori=NEWS12&Lopenr=821001&Ref=PH&Item=17&Title=1&Maxw=400&Maxh=400&Q=95

If one carefully examines this picture you will notice that this is a L36 powered 1998 Intrigue... had it have been a LX-5 powered car it would not have stalled as the intake is much higher and LX-5s run on water.

What in bloody hell is the difference without looking under the hood?

The 1998s dont have fender badges and since its obviosuly not a GX with body colored mirrors it would have fender GL badges. Using deductive reasoning one could know its a 1998 and the only engine offered in 1998 was an L-36. The side claddign along the rockers is more body sculpted in 1998 as well. Interesting side note though that picture was taken when the car was at high ground. I would loooove to save it if it had an LX-5 in it.

Yay for people driving into water and hydro locking engines!

I stated to work on a car yesterday which suffered the same fate... 950mile V12 S600. The engine alone is $56,000. LOL!

Ask and you shall receive! No pics of the engine out yet, or a new engine. They actually have to build the engine when we order it. lol

Photo00100%20(Medium).jpg

Water in the turbo inlet. Both turbos were this way..

Photo00080%20(Medium).jpg

Yep, I can point out a 98 compared to the rest.

God... I've been around Rob too much!

BTW, when will we be picking this one up?

The 1998s dont have fender badges and since its obviosuly not a GX with body colored mirrors it would have fender GL badges. Using deductive reasoning one could know its a 1998 and the only engine offered in 1998 was an L-36. The side claddign along the rockers is more body sculpted in 1998 as well. Interesting side note though that picture was taken when the car was at high ground. I would loooove to save it if it had an LX-5 in it.

Man knows as much about Intrigues as Ken and myself do about 'verts....Props I give you!

I guess i can say that that is the only plus about a short ram... I find myself navigating into puddles that come up to the middle of my rim... This is when i find myself worrying.