What is this Lumina worth?

ycartf

The city I live in has a 1991 Lumina 4 door 3.1L up for auction with only 39,000 miles and looks very nice inside and out. It has been maintained by the city maintenance just like two others I have bought there and had good luck with. The advertisement says it starts with a jump (probably just needs a battery like the other two) and driveability unknown (although a supervisor there told me whoever gets it is going to get a good car.) What is this worth in your book? I looked up Kelly Blue Book ($1350 for good condition) and NADA ($1387 for low retail and $2112 for clean retail). I really like this car and want some of your experienced feedback on what YOU would pay if it were you. Thanks a million!

Tracy

You must love em!

it's a matter of opinion and choice.

any running car can be said to be worth $600 minimum. A low mileage car like that might go for more, but it IS a 16 year old car with a low blue book value. Image that the most a dealer might put towards it would be... maybe... 1000????...so they can stick it on their lot and ask $3500.

blue book value or not, the value of any car is based on what someone will pay for it, and maybe one like this will sell for better then BB if more than one person wants it and knows they can still make a profit.

What did the two previous cars go for?

Lowball it, $1500

Change the battery - $75

Check all hoses that could dry rot, check for any leaks... - $?

Replace fuel filter, it will probably be full of water - $10

Run something through the tank to get rid of moisture and gunk - $7

Change oil/air filter and all that jazz - $50

Have fun!