Cars back in the shop!

Q-Ball

Well after some fighting I got my way. Long story short they put my rack boot on with the breather tube and it all came off the clamps too and now one of my boots are chewed to hell. But they are paying for the boot and putting it back on. I'm also getting all new gas lines front to back. I'm also getting the filler neck and breather that goes to the tank. And I said, might as well and change that fuel filter while your at it. :lol:

I'm also getting the brake lines replaced. But first were gonna start with the gas lines. I also have a tranny leak were gonna get fixed too. After I get the car back I'm getting the 96 front assemblies and start the brake upgrade, and some handling upgrades such as the RSTB, 3.4 front sway bar and the addco rear sway bar. Once thats all done off to body work and than get it undercoated for the first time!

good lord i dont want to see your bill, or even know how much you already have invested in that car!!

I was quoted about 300-400. The filler neck and rubber was 80 bucks, gas filter was 15, gas lines pretty cheap, and just some labour on top.

you might look into modifying your stock front assemblies to hold f-body calipers.

I remember reading about that, but I thought that would be unsafe? Can I do this with the 92 front assemblies or do I still need the 96's?

cant be any less safe than the stock setup since the bracket is just welded to the assembly. youd just have to make sure the weld is good and maybe make a brace. you can use the old assemblies. the only diff between the two is that bracket. i would have a bracket made instead of cutting the ears off and welding them to another like the person that did it. i believe he had to grind some of the control arm away, too.

cant be any less safe than the stock setup since the bracket is just welded to the assembly. youd just have to make sure the weld is good and maybe make a brace. you can use the old assemblies. the only diff between the two is that bracket. i would have a bracket made instead of cutting the ears off and welding them to another like the person that did it. i believe he had to grind some of the control arm away, too.

I think I'll just stick with the 96 front assemblies. If it was good enough than, it will be good enough for me. It should be a lot better than my 10.25's.

I think I'll just stick with the 96 front assemblies. If it was good enough than, it will be good enough for me. It should be a lot better than my 10.25's.

yeah, but its something im def considering in the future.

yeah, but its something im def considering in the future.

Are you not happy with the brakes you have now?

its not that, just something else to do in the future. well, technically no, but thats cuz i just used cheapo stuff for now. i want to put on ebc rotors and red stuff pads in the future. might try to fit f-body calipers at that time. its a ton better than it was with the old stuff, thats for sure.