My W Dilemma

Regal_GS_1989

I never thought it would happen, but i finally have found myself in a dillema. Heres the scoop.

The cutlass:

The Good:

Reliable, clean interior, Fully loaded, rare, fairly powerful, Good on fuel, No O-ring Oil leak, AC Works, No real body rust on the car Surprisingly good brakes (with functioning rear calipers) and its doesn't look too bad either when its cleaned up. And i'm only in it for about 1000$

The Bad:

Needs some front end work(Inner and outer tie rod ends) Possibly needs a lower motor mount, The Rear struts are completely shot and rusted in there pretty good, There is a pretty wicked lifter tick when its cold, Rocker pannel on the driver side is completely rotted out, and the body on it is kinda beat, (RE: Dents, dings, scratches and chips all over)

The Regal:

The Good:

Reliable, Low milage 3.1, Good on fuel, Doesn't leak or burn oil, Runs good, Clean interior. Steering and front end is nice and tight. Suspension componets are still good.Power windows still work like brand new(Not slow or sluggish) Rides like a caddy on the highway

The Bad:

Starting to rust, crappy 10yr old macco paint job, AC isnt working, Sloppy 1-2 shift, Brakes are fair, Exaust system is a complete hack job.

Now, Heres what i see myself facing. I only have use for the truck and a car, so i was looking to get rid of a car. I'm just trying to figure out what my best bet would be. I love both cars just as much, but each for different reasons. I love the Regal cause its a great highway cruiser, but i love the cutlass for driving daily cause its got a lot more power. Both cars are at the point where i dont really want to dump a whole lot of money into them to keep them running. The cutlass has all the original components on it, so there may be quite a few odds and ends that will need to be changed in the near future. The regal has had suspension and chassis components changed already, but it would be needing transmission work done on it. Would i be better off dumping money into one of the cars, and still having an old car with not much resale, or would i be better off selling them off, taking the money and buying a newer vehicle. One that i wouldn't need to put a lot of time or money into to make it look and drive good. I'd hate to get rid of either car, but at the same time, i dont want to see them just rot into the ground either.

Hmm...that's a tough one. I can't decide which one I'd keep either! Both are equally cool in their different ways. But if I had a gun to my head and had to choose one to keep, I'd keep the Cutlass.

Id keep the cutlass and swap your suspension from the regal over to the cutty. If you want the 4 seats, swap some of the interior over too.

They both have 4 seats :) I've thought about that too. I guess if it really came down to it, i could do that. I really don't want to part either one. The only thing that i would see as being a problem is that the cutlass has quick ratio steering, where the regal does not, so the cutlass would be a little more grandpa like.

Hmm...that's a tough one. I can't decide which one I'd keep either! Both are equally cool in their different ways. But if I had a gun to my head and had to choose one to keep, I'd keep the Cutlass.

Thats the same desicion that i would make too.