Shes dead (tranny)

FordBoy

Hey guys its been awhile. I don’t know if any of you remember when I was asking about the tranny vaccum module. Well anyway I think it was shot if no one remembers. I never got time of money to get a new one and change it. So I payed for it. I was driving to work on Monday 2 weeks ago on my drive i noticed the RPMs seemed a little high. So I thought ill put the car in drive from over drive and see if the RPMs go higher or if they stay the same. It stayed the same. I lost over drive. So I thought o shit but I couldn’t turn around and go home. i was 15miles away. And I was already late for work. So I figured id go to work then drive home and park it to fix it. I got to work fine. But when I started to drive home I only had first gear. Im thinking great how can I drive 23miles on a hwy in first gear. so I parked it at work and called a friend to pick me up and crash at his house for the night.

The next day we went back to the car to look and see what we could find wrong with it. we go for a little drive and it has all the gears except over drive. then we stop for something to drink and a pack of cigs. We get back out in the car and it only has reverse and first again. we both are thinking WTF!!!

Finally we both said fuck it will drive back to my work and get his car. So we drove bout 1 ½ miles in first at about 25 30mph (speed limit was 45). we just pull into the parking lot (I back into my parking stall ell the time) I go to back in and it doesn’t have reverse anymore. so I figured alright il go forward and whip a u turn and park normal in the spot. First is gone to now.

Im to the point of kick and beating the holy fuck out of it. Just because im so damn pissed off. So we push it into my parking stall. and I make a few phone calls.

A week before this I was looking at getting a new car. It’s a 1996 mustang 3.8 5spd. very basic. it had 107k miles. a very nice car. they were asking $5450 for it. Not bad. It was at Racette Ford in Oshkosh wi. They told me $200 on a trade in for the cutlass. I don’t want to let this car go at this time. so I said no.

Now a week later the tranny goes so in considering it. i call em up and see if we can work out a deal. Because i need a car now I cant walk to work. So they called a tow truck to pick up the cutlass and take it to Racette. they told me the tranny was junk it would need a new one. i said fuck that I don’t want to spend more on this car. So I talked to the salesman and Racette and talked them into taking the price down on the mustang to $4650. They just made it look like the cutlass was worth more and gave me $800 for it.

So now im out a w -body and in with a mustang. :wink:

Although I really REALLY miss the cutlass. It was my 1st car. It wasn’t worth much but it was sentimental to me. when I first had thought of getting a new car I convinced myself to buy a storage shed and store the cutlass. but then the tranny went and I said fuck it im sick of the shit with this car. But I was just pissed off. if i had a day or two to cool off id still have the POS. HAHA

Anyway I just thought id stop by say hey let some people know haw im doing.

If requested in this thread il post some pics of my mustang in the other car section when I get time to take some.

No offense to your new car decision, but there's NO WAY I'd ever pay nearly $5000 for a base '96 V6 Mustang.

i no that now that ive driven it for 2weeks the high KBB on it was $4600. I think at most it is worth $3500 but its a 2door and a 5spd which is what i was looking for :wink:

its good on power better on gas then the cutlass and looks so much better.

And i was desperate for a car

sorry to hear that. I hope your new car proves worthy!

post pics in other cars when you have a chance!

Someday.... You should get a CS vert to make up for your old car's shortcomings!!!!:D

V6 Mustang and Very Nice do not belong in the same sentence. 96 mustang and nice dont belong together either for that matter :mrgreen: only mustang of that body style i like are the 94-95 cobras.

you should buy tgpnick's mustang :mrgreen:

sounds like the pump died on the tranny. Not much you can do other than have it rebuilt. You're better off having it crushed than trying to store it.

x2

it was a good choice to get rid of the Cutlass. it needed more work than it was worth.

now as for the mustang, ewww. but you are still young so i think you made a good choice not getting a crazy fast car. i woulda got a newer W for that price though. or if you really wanted a 2 door 5-speed you shoulda shopped for a Z34 or GTP.

you should buy tgpnick's mustang :mrgreen:

I agree 10000000000000%x :lol: I drove it the other day and realized that I forgot how fun that car is to drive.... powerful V8, RWD, Getrag racing transmission.... :burnout: I'm gonna miss that car. Someone buy this car! :willynilly:

Ok back on topic :lol:

I would but it but im not the biggest fan of fox body mustangs and its to far away sorry.

Neway

Could find a cheap JY tranny and swap it in if you still want to keep the car. Kinda hard to trade it in if it can't drive it's self there.

That would be a very bad desion only because you dont know what you getting. it could be a dead tranny. Plus most yards around here wont let you buy a engine or tranny for that reason. they dont want a lawsuit.

Ill try and get some pics up today.

well, yours is still technically on the fox-body platform :lol:

i think ive said it before, but the fox body is the only mustang body style i really like. the new style can look okay w/ a body kit, but stock, theyre ugly as sin.

anyway, you shoulda bought a purple one since you already got one w/ a V6. then it would be totally girly :joke: