Want to put spacers...any leads?

Scottster

I was thinking that the Pontiac could use a little wider stance, so I'm thinking of bolting up some 1" spacers or so.

I figure I'll go with ones that bolt up to the hub, and then have another set of lugs to place the wheel on. I just don't know what those are called specifically, or know of any sources for them.

Basically I'm going for the same look that I would have if using the wheels with an offset for the B4U fenderflairs...only without the body work. Even though mine is an SE, the wheels seem too far tucked into the wells...especially in the back.

Any info appreciated!

I have inch and a half spacers on the rear, been on for over a year and I've had zero problems. I do want to get smaller ones though, but at the time I had to make sure that I had clearance.

Could use XLaces and see how you like it. Personally, I needed to add the B4U after.

HPIM1035.jpg

HPIM1036.jpg

HPIM1037.jpg

HPIM1038.jpg

HPIM1039.jpg

HPIM1040.jpg

Oh ya, never did my AQ9 controls back from you. Some crap came up. lol. Next time!

a 1" spacer would be waayyyyyy too huge. you'd be busting lugs left and right.

But not if I had the spacers that bolted up to the hub right? I wasn't thinking of simply inserting a piece of metal between the wheel, and hub...

I have inch and a half spacers on the rear, been on for over a year and I've had zero problems. I do want to get smaller ones though, but at the time I had to make sure that I had clearance.

I think the spacers you used are what I'm thinking of...do they bolt on, and then the wheel bolts on to the spacer itself?

I've heard those are the safe way to go to.

Thanks for all the pics too Jason, that gives me a good idea of the stance I'm going for. I didn't want o go with x-laces though simply becasue I love my sawblades!

I definitely need some of these. Would anyone have some links for some decent 1" spacers? I'm temporarily using some cheap crap that spaces me out like 5/16ths of an inch that slide onto the hub and just space the wheel a bit farther.

Thanks

I didn't want o go with x-laces though simply becasue I love my sawblades!

I'm gonna get kicked for this, but here it goes....

Cross laces are over done... the only reason I still have mine is because I can't afford anything better.

Jamie

I have inch and a half spacers on the rear, been on for over a year and I've had zero problems.

holy crap thats huge!!

you can get spacers from Jegs or Summit im sure.

and now lets all kick Jamie!

yeah, i know mine are huge, but my wheels are like 8 or 8.5 wide, and wouldnt have otherwise cleared the trailing arm. I think half inch ones would be fine, but i had to order them before putting the tires on and everything, so I just wanted to play it safe and have plenty of room. and yes, they bolt on to the studs, and it has 5 more studs for the wheel to bolt on to

I didn't want o go with x-laces though simply becasue I love my sawblades!

I'm gonna get kicked for this, but here it goes....

Cross laces are over done... the only reason I still have mine is because I can't afford anything better.

Jamie

I will x2 this!

I have a set of 4, 1.3" 115x5 spacers i will sell for $100. Only flaw is that 1 out of the 20 spacer lugs is stripped from the inside due to a bent and rusted stud on the lumina i no longer have (i breifly used them to fit a set of 97+ GP rims temporarily). You could probably get a new one from the manufacturer, make one that works, etc. I used to have them on 96 for the longest time, it certainly fixes the horrible +40 offset on 7.5" rims and they make any +40 wheel look beautiful under some fender flares. I'm getting some new +25 18" rims for either a charger/challenger or mustang early next year so i won't be needing these.

Here is the part.. http://www.adaptitusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=173

• 1 month later...

I have a set of 4, 1.3" 115x5 spacers i will sell for $100. Only flaw is that 1 out of the 20 spacer lugs is stripped from the inside due to a bent and rusted stud on the lumina i no longer have (i breifly used them to fit a set of 97+ GP rims temporarily). You could probably get a new one from the manufacturer, make one that works, etc. I used to have them on 96 for the longest time, it certainly fixes the horrible +40 offset on 7.5" rims and they make any +40 wheel look beautiful under some fender flares. I'm getting some new +25 18" rims for either a charger/challenger or mustang early next year so i won't be needing these.

Here is the part.. http://www.adaptitusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=173

I sent you a PM but I'm not sure if you got it. If you still have them, I'm interested.