headlights buick century

ekim17mr

I have a 1998 buick century at one time the headlights use to come on when it got dark and off when the car went off they now have to be turned on by the switch what happened??

Thanks mike

Never seen a A-Body that old with Sentinal Lighting. But if it does, on your dash by the headlights should be a knob or something with sentinal written near it. You might have mistakenly turned it off.

Unless it is a DRL (daytime running lights) car. Then the Relay has probly gone bad..

You are probly going to get more information about this car from...

http://www.a-body.net (I am a member there under the same screen name)

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/rarefwdgmabody/ (also a member here)

These are groups dedicated to talking about, and fixing the car you have. I own the kissing cousin to your century, a Pontiac 6000. And there are a few other members here that are also over there..

Good Luck!!

I went dyslexic on the year, ya know, reversed the 98, and turned it into a 89. So nevermind everything I said above..

Either the photocell went bad in the dash, or the switch is turned off by accident. Still posible relay too..

My 1990 did the same thing when I first got it. Only Canadian cars required DRLs back then.

It turned out for me that the sensor had simply come unfastened from it's mounting bezel in the dash...and since it's pretty dark inside the dash board...my lights were always on.

I just removed the dash top (easy on my Pontiac...I don't know about your buick) and clicked it back into place.