whip

I have a 1991 GP SE in which the original 3.4 was replaced with a 94-95 motor. I have had a high idle issue with this car. I have replaced lower intake gaskets, tps sensor, IAC valve and manifold vaccum switch. I cannot find any vaccuum leaks. This car still has the ECU for the 1991 In it. Should I replace it with one from a 94-95? Ecu numbers differ from 91 and 94. Thanks. :question:

im not sure if it was 94 or 95 when they did all this, but they changed to obd1.5, added a cam sensor, and got rid of the MAP and went to MAF (not sure what else). are you getting any codes?

The motor doesnt care what on board computer runs it. the OBD on the engine itself doesnt matter. I dont know if an idle re-learn would do anything or not, but the computer for a '94 '95 isnt the answer..

Reset the tps. Maybe that will work. I think you have to do that when you unplug it. You should check on alldata on autozones website for the correct procedure.

Jarek

The motor doesnt care what on board computer runs it. the OBD on the engine itself doesnt matter. I dont know if an idle re-learn would do anything or not, but the computer for a '94 '95 isnt the answer..

right, none of the stuff i listed would matter unless he used the UIM from a 95 engine w/o a MAP sensor