Performance computer module

hoodilio

On the Jet Chip website there is a new performance module, here is the description: "Late model GM vehicles without removable chips require the use of the JET Power Control Module (PCM). The JET PCM provides the same type of Power Tuning as a JET chip and is the most sophisticated tuning device for late model GM vehicles available today. The JET PCM is a 20Mhz RISC computer that controls air/fuel, ignition advance and transmission tuning for the ultimate in power gains."

It is marked as being for the 1995 Lumina LS, and Grand Prix 3.1L Auto (i assume they mean the 3100v6). Does anyone know anyting about this, and if it would work on my 1993-4 Cutlass with a 3100v6.

If you've got a 1993 the motor should be a 3.1L MPFI

- that can be chipped with a updated MEMCAL from (example) FFP

If it's a 1994 with 3100 SFI

- the module may or may not swap over due to a modified OBDI system at that year

But the for the OBII in 1995+ vehicles

- that looks like (given the picture) something you install to re-FLASH your PCM

I'd ask a ton of questions to the company and find out what it produces in power, warrenty, etc., etc., etc. Don't place you faith alone on their whimpy description... talk to ome of the techs if possible.

- Erik